I've just found this in the similar threads area over a year later.
Just a quick update to say that although you cannot remove the QAT if the ribbon is visible, you can disable the QAT.
Doing this prevents any existing QAT items being run as well as preventing new items being added.
Alternatively, you can reinstate the ribbon when the report is opened and remove it again when the report is closed.
The attached example shows several ways of handling reports in an application with no ribbon (or in this case, no application window either).
For more info, see Control...
You omitted the .Text from the code. It won't work without that.
The default property is .Value but the value is only set after the field has been saved. So you are currently testing for a non existent value.
That means the length is null
Sorry but although there is some good advice above, your comments are not all true.
Macros can still be edited in an ACCDE as can tables and queries.
The navigation pane is still available and any object can be renamed or deleted.
If you change the file suffix from .ACCDE to .ACCDR it will be...
However I've just noticed your similar thread below which uses the correct approach.
Store the start and end times (including the date portion). Calculate the difference between them in seconds as your duration .... but do NOT store the value as a separate field.
Do bear in mind that dates and times are stored as double datatype numbers no matter how they are formatted.
The integer part is the number of days since 30 Dec1899 and the decimal part represents the time where e.g. 06:00 = 0.25
I would also recommend moving the BE data to e.g. SQL Server.
However, there are many things you can do within Access to protect the FE as well. See my article Improve Security 2.
You can also encrypt the data itself and use disconnected ADO recordsets to prevent users accessing the BE at all...
I do recommend it. I used CDO to send the emails to me 'silently' in order to prevent further disrupting the program flow.
The time consuming part was adding the code needed to show precisely what was being done in order to trigger each error.
However, the time spent as more than repaid in terms...