Move from M.acc 2010 to 2007 (1 Viewer)

mester

Local time
Today, 16:57
Hi everyone,
Please i need your help, i have an app made by access 2010, when i see that most people in my region still use 2007, i decided to transforme my 2010 app to 2007. When i try to do "copy- paste" to all my tables ,queries, forms , i get nothing, please, i hope if there is any way to do that.
I have another question: is there any code vba to open my app when i turn on the laptop without opning the application(i have invoices to pay at a specific time, so even if i don't open the app, the app opened automaticcaly eyerytime i open the laptop).

Thanks for your help

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 08:57
As for opening the app when you open your laptop, there is always good old Windows Task Scheduler. Check it out. Windows key + R, taskschd.msc, hit Enter.
Yes, you can multi-select objects, Ctrl+C, and Ctrl+V them into the new database's objects pane. But try just selecting a certain type of object at a time. Just tables, for instance. You can also do an Import (wizard that you would fire off from the new db).

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Unless you use A2010 specific features, your application may well work in A2007. Certainly worth trying.
If you have version specific references, those may need fixing.

If that fails, another approach would be to save as MDB IN 2010, then open in 2007 and resave as ACCDB.

mester

Local time
As for opening the app when you open your laptop, there is always good old Windows Task Scheduler. Check it out. Windows key + R, taskschd.msc, hit Enter.
Yes, you can multi-select objects, Ctrl+C, and Ctrl+V them into the new database's objects pane. But try just selecting a certain type of object at a time. Just tables, for instance. You can also do an Import (wizard that you would fire off from the new db).
Thanks for your replay, i tried to do what you've suggested, but i couldn't, i'll try again and try also what our friend said to my in his replay, but there arz some codes work in 2010 and don't exist in 2007, like "button.backcolor" so maybe those codes will prevent me from transforming my data from 2010 to 2007.

mester

Local time
Unless you use A2010 specific features, your application may well work in A2007. Certainly worth trying.
If you have version specific references, those may need fixing.

If that fails, another approach would be to save as MDB IN 2010, then open in 2007 and resave as ACCDB.
Thanks my friend, i'll try your proposition, but i have some codes in my data 2010 don't exist in 2007 like (button.backcolor) , so maybe it will not work.thanks

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Thanks my friend, i'll try your proposition, but i have some codes in my data 2010 don't exist in 2007 like (button.backcolor) , so maybe it will not work.thanks

You will certainly lose features like that, but converting to MDB then back to ACCDB in 2007 has always worked for me.
Another thing you need to be aware of are APIs. If you are running 64-bit A2010 these will need modifying as A2007 is only available in 32-bit

mester

Local time
Tha
You will certainly lose features like that, but converting to MDB then back to ACCDB in 2007 has always worked for me.
Another thing you need to be aware of are APIs. If you are running 64-bit A2010 these will need modifying as A2007 is only available in 32-bit
Thanks brother, i appreciate your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom