ExportWithFormatting with current date in file name (1 Viewer)

dbshaw

Local time
Today, 11:31
I am running a Macro: ExportWithFormatting to export report data to an excel spreadsheet. I do not want the new file to overwrite the previously created excel files when the macro is run each time. Nor do I want to be asked if I want to overwrite the existing file. How do I include the current date in the File name as it is saved?

ExportWithFormatting
Object Type: report
Object Name: rptInvoicedToUpload
Output Format: Excel 97 - Excel 2003 Workbook (*.xls)

Output File = [application].[currentproject].[path] & "\Reports\MonthlyExport*****{{{here is where I want current date}}}*** .xls"

Auto Start: Yes
Template File:
Encoding:
Output Quality: Screen

I am STUMPED!!

Snowflake68

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:31
you just need to add this to the end of the Output File path

& "_" & Format(Date(),"yyyy_mm_dd") & ".xls"

so yours would be something like;
= [application].[currentproject].[path] & "\Reports\MonthlyExport\Filename_" & "_" & Format(Date(),"yyyy_mm_dd") & ".xls"

SP_Brandon

Local time
Today, 14:31
& "_" & Format(Date(),"yyyymmdd") & ".xlsx" is not working for me!

I tried using DoCmd.OutputTo and DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet--both of which gave me error messages. Please see below:
  • DoCmd.OutputTo
    • Folder Path and Filename: DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, "Missing Info", acFormatXLSX, _"NetworkPath\Reports\Missing Info " & Format(Date, "yyyymmdd") & ".xlsx", True
    • Error: Query input must contain at least one table or query. I can't understand why this error is coming up because "Missing Info" is the query name, and it's in the right place on the code.
  • DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet
    • Folder Path and Filename: DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel12, "Missing Info", _
      "NetworkPath\Reports\Missing Info " & Format(Date, "yyyymmdd") & ".xlsx", True
    • Error: No current record.
Thank you for your assistance! :)

Last edited:

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time

I tried using DoCmd.OutputTo and DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet--both of which gave me error messages. Please see below:
  • DoCmd.OutputTo
    • Folder path and filename: DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, "Missing Info", acFormatXLSX, _"\\10.1.0.7\Departments\Implementation\Implementation Client Tracking List\Reports\Missing Info " & Format(Date, "yyyymmdd") & ".xlsx", True
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

This is an old thread. What error message were you getting?

SP_Brandon

Local time
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

This is an old thread. What error message were you getting?

Hi! Thanks for the welcome! Yes, I noticed it's quite old indeed! :)

• DoCmd.OutputTo
    • Folder Path and Filename: DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, "Missing Info", acFormatXLSX, _"NetworkPath\Reports\Missing Info " & Format(Date, "yyyymmdd") & ".xlsx", True
    • Error: Query input must contain at least one table or query. I can't understand why this error is coming up because "Missing Info" is the query name, and it's in the right place on the code.
    • Folder Path and Filename: DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel12, "Missing Info", _

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi! Thanks for the welcome! Yes, I noticed it's quite old indeed! :)

• DoCmd.OutputTo
Hi. What is the SQL statement for your query?

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Both of those error messages are suggesting that the query produces no output? Maybe test that first so you can report that back as well.

Rene vK

Local time
Today, 19:31
Stupid idea (maybe?): .xls instead of .xlsx ??

mistyinca1970

Local time
Hi, I am aware this is an old thread, but in the interest of not starting a new one when not necessary, I have a question about this. I have successfully used the suggestion in this thread to append the date:
Code:
& "_" & Format(Date(),"yyyy_mm_dd") & ".xlsx"
How can I specify a default path. It looks like this is automatically saving in my c:\documents.

Thanks!

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Please post your full current code

NahualXl

Local time
Hi, I am aware this is an old thread, but in the interest of not starting a new one when not necessary, I have a question about this. I have successfully used the suggestion in this thread to append the date:
Code:
& "_" & Format(Date(),"yyyy_mm_dd") & ".xlsx"
How can I specify a default path. It looks like this is automatically saving in my c:\documents.

Thanks!
Code:
sSource = Application.CurrentProject.Path & "\"   ' "E:\OP60\Archive\"
Dim sFilename As String
    sFilename = sSource & "Test data report" & "-" & result & "_" & Format(Date, "yyyy_mm_dd") & ".xlsx"
    DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, "QryLog", acFormatXLSX, sFilename, Autostart:=False

Note: Access 2016 for some reason wipes out the parenthesis as soon as I type/paste the code from the Date()
this is the output file:
Test data report-_.xlsx
Any ideas as to how to fix this?
Thank you

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 18:31
Works for me?
From the immediate window.
Code:
? format(date,"yyyy-mm-dd")
2021-10-14
Code:
? sSource & "Test data report" & "-" & result & "_" & Format(Date, "yyyy_mm_dd") & ".xlsx"
Test data report-_2021_10_14.xlsx

NahualXl

Local time
Works for me?
From the immediate window.
Code:
? format(date,"yyyy-mm-dd")
2021-10-14
Code:
? sSource & "Test data report" & "-" & result & "_" & Format(Date, "yyyy_mm_dd") & ".xlsx"
Test data report-_2021_10_14.xlsx
worked restart my PC.... IDK what happened there thank you

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    2.4 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom