The Slightly Obscure Music Discussion And Quizzy Thread (1 Viewer)

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 06:16
You can add James Taylor to the list of good documentaries.
Wheres the J.T. documentary?
Its a shame, he usually does 2 shows on july 3 and 4 every year at Tanglewood but the season was cancelled. My daughter sometimes gets free tickets from his personal assistant she knows. Incredible shows and fireworks.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:16
@ColinEssex

1593970984852.png

C'mon mate, everyone wants to take a crack at your musical chops! 🎸 :cool:

Don't forget it's even difficult for us to understand USA state abbreviations. So USA only famous people we have little hope.
It's called "ACCESSWORLD" not UKWORLD :LOL:

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
This thread seems to have run its course...that being said, there are obviously some real music lovers on the forum.

I came across this today a thought some of you would appreciate it...

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
I was wondering about this thread yesterday. It's kind of a toss-up as to who was up next. From what I can see, AB deferred to The_Doc_Man and that's where it stalled. In case anyone is still interested, I'll throw this out as a song title. Name that and the band. Should be real easy, especially for the Brits. (If you're reading, that's a clue, Uncle Gizmo).

apic1.jpg
apic2.jpg

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
I guess so - because I think you meant OO. Have a go at it.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
I did. Guess I wrapped around the hard consenents: Ozzy osBourne instead of Ozzy Osborne. On the slim chance someone has not sorted it out, Ozzy Osbourne, Crazy Train. Happens to be my ringtone.

Last edited:

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Let's see if this one can slow you guys up a little...

3096.jpg

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
No sir! I feel somewhat vindicated you didn't get it on your first try...

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
She's the one most associate with what I thought the song is, but it was also done by the Righteous Brothers. I probably have the wrong song in mind - assuming that is a pic of the song title.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
The pic is indeed the song title but you are thinking the wrong song (Era is WAY off).

Hint: The guitarist in this particular song is often mistaken for Joe Satriani....

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:16
Probably "White Cliffs of Dover." The original artist in WW 2 was Vera Lynn. Didn't notice any bluebirds, but at that range, they probably wouldn't show up anyway, and it could have been taken in the wrong season.

If AB had deferred to me previously, I missed it somehow. But I must admit my interests were waning because another issue was becoming important.

I've been consumed for the last several weeks working on my Ancestry database.

On the research side, I've now got four main branches between me and Linda where I can go back to the 1600s and a foreign origin. I can take my sweetie's maternal grandmother's line back to Acadia, Nova Scotia at the time of the Acadian Diaspora. (Which means Linda can claim being among the "true and original" Cajuns.) But I can also take her maternal grandfather back to 1640s Canary Islands and Andalucia, Spain. (Some people refer to that as Andalusia but Ancestry seems to insist it is Andalucia.) I had already taken my patrilineal sequence back to 1600s Essex, and now I can take my matrilineal grandfather's line back to 1640s Gloucestershire. I'm working on cleaning up the list of cousins on both sides of the family. Once I do that, I think I will let my subscription to Ancestry.COM lapse.

I've also been working on optimizing some of the grunt work of generating customized family tree documents. I now have a sequencer that lets me pick any person in the DB as an anchor point. From there I can generate four family-related documents in less than three minutes. I build the selected person's ancestry tree (parents only, as far back as I have), the person's spouse's ancestry tree, the descendant tree for the two of them as a couple (their kids, grandkids, great-grands - again as far as I have), and a phone-book type listing of everyone who appears in any of the other three documents. Typically, for anyone in my grandparent's generation, this is 120+ people. This sequence includes using Excel to build the three trees and Word to build the indexed, alphabetized, and formatted family list.

Then, in the last month, we were having work done on the house and that has been a continual distraction. And WILL continue to be so, because the rain has been delaying progress. So there again, I have been flitting in and out of the forum just because my attention is elsewhere.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Probably "White Cliffs of Dover." The original artist in WW 2 was Vera Lynn. Didn't notice any bluebirds, but at that range, they probably wouldn't show up anyway, and it could have been taken in the wrong season.

Close. Think instrumental, circa 1990 - Hard Rock

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Winner winner, Chicken Dinner! Used to kick the crap out of on on Guitar Hero...

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
I was thrown off by your earlier comment that I interpreted as saying I had the wrong song title, and then along comes TDM and your response had me thinking that I just had the wrong version. But I guess it all comes down to the fact that the title you were looking for didn't include "White".
Never heard of the guy. I guess by mistaking him for JS you must mean by way of style/sound because they sure don't look alike!

If anyone wants to take my turn go ahead. I don't want to monopolize this. I'll check back later and come up with something if no one takes up the cause.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom