Solved Access not opening in editable version (1 Viewer)

Dumferling

Local time
Today, 18:10
I was running Access 2016 and my database front ends were on my desktop in a trusted location. I could click on them and open them in editable format (i.e. not runtime). My office upgraded me to 365 (with Access) and two days later my database front ends are opening only in runtime mode and I get security warnings (even though the location is still trusted). To be able to edit a front end I have to open Access first and then open the front end.

Does anyone know if this is supposed to happen? It is all manageable, just irritating.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:10
Hi. I don't have M365, so only guessing here, but maybe there's a registry setting you can change. If you right click on the file, what are your options in Open With? What is the file extension of your db file?

onur_can

Local time
Check the security settings again. If necessary, remove the Trusted location and add it again.

Dumferling

Local time
Hi. I don't have M365, so only guessing here, but maybe there's a registry setting you can change. If you right click on the file, what are your options in Open With? What is the file extension of your db file?
The extension is accdb. I will try the open with option but I am also thinking there is a registry issue somewhere.

Dumferling

Local time
The extension is accdb. I will try the open with option but I am also thinking there is a registry issue somewhere.
Ah, I think you have hit the proverbial nail. Open with shows options for both 2016 and 365. If I click on the 365 option the database opens normally. If I select the 206 icon, it opens under runtime. Its as simple as the association (and some poor uninstalling by Microsoft and probably my IT division).

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Ah, I think you have hit the proverbial nail. Open with shows options for both 2016 and 365. If I click on the 365 option the database opens normally. If I select the 206 icon, it opens under runtime. Its as simple as the association (and some poor uninstalling by Microsoft and probably my IT division).
Hi. Glad to hear you got it sorted out. I had a feeling a runtime version may have been installed on your machine. Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom