print a crystal report filtered to a data row that is on a form (2 Viewers)

bigmac

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:17
hello can you help please , i have a form (frm1) with a button to open a crystal report to show all the data in a database what i am trying to do is get the report only to show the row of data on the (frm1), i have the button working and it opens the report but it is showing all data rows, visual studio 2019

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. Sorry if this doesn't help. I don't have experience with Crystal Reports, but in Access, you can open a report using the OpenReport method, which has a WhereCondition argument. How do you open a Crystal Report using your button? Is there a way to include a WhereCondition (a Filter criteria) to it?

bigmac

Registered User.
Local time
hi theDBguy, thank you for your quick response , the report is on a form and is quite easy to open it just " open form2.show" you can put code on the onload, but i do not know how to go about this, if this was access it would be quite easy to to a open where clause , but i don't know if this would work on visual studio

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
hi theDBguy, thank you for your quick response , the report is on a form and is quite easy to open it just " open form2.show" you can put code on the onload, but i do not know how to go about this, if this was access it would be quite easy to to a open where clause , but i don't know if this would work on visual studio
Oh, okay. Sorry, I don't have any idea either. Let's hope someone else jumps in who knows. Good luck!

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
There are lots of ways to 'show' a Crystal Report. You may be able to use a viewer, but I do not know if they accept parameters. Another way is to use the SDK tools provided by SAP (beyond what I know about).

vhung

Local time
hello can you help please , i have a form (frm1) with a button to open a crystal report to show all the data in a database what i am trying to do is get the report only to show the row of data on the (frm1), i have the button working and it opens the report but it is showing all data rows, visual studio 2019
good day
>: crystal report is outside msaccess, but data on actbl/ link
check your crystal reports design then set the parameters as you set on your form
<: i never tried using codes on crystal,
but rather set the parameter as you need to show on reports

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Add a parameter to the crystal report that effectively reduces the output of the report according to your desired specifications.
Use a tool like this to create a CMD or BAT file that you can then run using VBA.

Just an idea?

I had an exe that I could manipulate using command line programming years ago that would fire up a crystal report, input a parameter, and print to pdf. can't find which one it is now though, memory does not serve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom