the ""io"" phenomenon (1 Viewer)

neuroman9999

Local time
Yesterday, 19:22
can anyone here tell me why everybody and their dog, in the software world, is naming things with the extension ""io""?? I find that incredibly annoying. It makes me think that this ""kick"" has come to fruition because they're trying to sound intelligent and show themselves as intellectuals. ummmm...if that is true, NICE TRY. You are not fooling this man. Where did these people get that from anyway!? Google?? after all, that company DID create that all too wonderful platform called Angular, that for some reason, the entire corporate world is obsessed with! And of course, the documentation website has the extension ""io"" attached to it. Coincidence, perhaps??

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:22
On the internet, io is the top level domain for British Indian Ocean and is a popular place to register domains when they don't want to be associated with a particular country.

tv (for Tuvalu) was also popular at one stage for obvious reasons.

In software io is a file type for a compressed archive. As such it is used to store multiple files with diverse purposes.

neuroman9999

Local time
Yesterday, 19:22
really!? so this DOES actually have a purpose? as in, the huge companies are using the extension for the purpose of playing political ""ball"" and trying to advertise that they love all countries??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom