Solved DateAdd Format (Medium Date) (1 Viewer)

Lochwood

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:10
Here is my code but i would like it to report Medium Date Medium Date.. the actual field and table format is medium date.

Code: between the" & " " &DateAdd("m", -1, Forms![TRHA]![Medical_Due_Subform].Form![Medical_Due]) & " " & "and" & " " & Forms![TRHA]![Medical_Due_Subform].Form![Medical_Due] _

Output: Between the 05/04/2021 and 05-May-21

I am trying to get output to Between the 05-Apr-21 and 05-May-21

Any guidance would be great.. thanks.

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 16:10
Try:
Code: between the " & DateAdd("m", -1, Format(Forms![TRHA]![Medical_Due_Subform].Form![Medical_Due],"dd/mmm/yy")) & " and " & Forms![TRHA]![Medical_Due_Subform].Form![Medical_Due] _

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
A couple of things - don't format your dates in the table, it's only a representation of the data stored, and could hide a time value that you might not know was present.
Always apply formats either in the report or the forms. It's more efficient and allows you to see the real data in your underlying queries when developing.

Try

Code: between the " & Format(DateAdd("m", -1, Forms![TRHA]![Medical_Due_Subform].Form![Medical_Due]),"dd-mmm-yy") & " and " & Forms![TRHA]![Medical_Due_Subform].Form![Medical_Due] _

Edit: Dang- slow fingers @bob fitz beat me to it

Last edited:

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
A couple of things - don't format your dates in the table, it's only a representation of the data stored, and could hide a time value that you might not know was present.
Always apply formats either in the report or the forms. It's more efficient and allows you to see the real data in your underlying queries when developing.

Try

Code: between the " & Format(DateAdd("m", -1, Forms![TRHA]![Medical_Due_Subform].Form![Medical_Due]),"dd-mmm-yy" & " and " & Forms![TRHA]![Medical_Due_Subform].Form![Medical_Due] _

Actually, our suggestions differ slightly, but I think that both would work :)

Lochwood

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:10

Try

Code: between the " & Format(DateAdd("m", -1, Forms![TRHA]![Medical_Due_Subform].Form![Medical_Due]),"dd-mmm-yy" & " and " & Forms![TRHA]![Medical_Due_Subform].Form![Medical_Due] _

Minty your solution worked.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 23:10
both missed the last Format:

"Between the " & Format(DateAdd("m", -1, Forms![TRHA]![Medical_Due_Subform].Form![Medical_Due]), "dd-mmm-yy") & " and " & Format(Forms![TRHA]![Medical_Due_Subform].Form![Medical_Due], "dd-mmm-yy")

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 23:10
not missed but only the "missed" part has correct output. :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom