Excel - Obsolete? (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 21:45
Extract:-

If you’re still using Excel or Google Sheets for business, you might already know that Excel is obsolete for many business use-cases. But how do you switch from Excel to a better alternative like R Shiny? It’s easier to get started than you might think, especially if you’re already an Excel power user.

https://appsilon.com/switch-from-excel-to-r-shiny/

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 22:45
excel obsolete, what kind of bad trip are you on?
I still do things in excel 10 times faster then most others using "new shiny" tools

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 21:45
Ah! You fell for the Click bait too!

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 14:45
You got me U.G.! ha ha. To be totally honest, my main thought was "WTF?" and I clicked on it too.
Their only explanation to support their "you may know Excel is now obsolete" claim was a one-paragraph assertion, basically, that it's too risky because people can make unintended/uncontrolled mistakes. As a counter alternative to that, they then brag that people with no coding or IT experience can start coding in R on their first day and control their R Shiny tool with SQL, too. What an interesting and nonsensical juxtaposition of ideas there! : )

Because of course, nobody has made mistake in R or SQL before! Ok, well that woke me up which is good so I cannot be annoyed now. :)

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 17:45
Glad I read the replies first! I am not a huge fan of excel, mainly because of its over and mis use as a database. That being said, excel cannot be beat when It comes to doing what it does best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom