Will Joe Biden be the next president? (1 Viewer)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 02:34
The importance & danger of this election can be summed up (among other ways to do it) in this statement:

- If Democrats win, I believe that they will be putting in A LOT of effort to make SERIOUS, STRUCTURAL changes to assist them in retaining power long term.

- Filibuster
- Supreme Court
- Electoral College
- Two new states
- Enshrining liberal ideologies in potential Constitutional amendment

I wouldn't think this election were nearly as important if I believed that the impact of a Democrat win would simply be a few more policies & legislation put in place along the lines of garden variety liberal thought. The rumblings sound different this time than usual. They're tired of the fight, and strongly intend to change many of the rules.....Big stuff rules, not small stuff.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 05:34
Two new states
I'm obligated on this one to re-state what I have previously stated. The land occupied by Washington D.C. belongs to the State of Maryland. It was "loaned" to the federal government for purposes of that land being used as the national capital. The portion of land that Virginia contributed, was returned to the State of Virginia in 1871.

The Democrats (falsely) claim that the residents of Washington DC are being denied the right to vote. That is an abuse of the facts. Should any resident of DC actually feel concerned that they are being deprived of the right to vote, they can move to either Virginia or Maryland. Additionally, the Democrats could solve this claimed grave Constitutional concern by simply having the area returned to the State of Maryland. A simple logical action that the Democrats disingenuously don't want to take since they are after the Senators and House Representatives that statehood would bring thus making the government and Congress a Democratic Party controlled operation.

If Democrats win, I believe that they will be putting in A LOT of effort to make SERIOUS, STRUCTURAL changes to assist them in retaining power long term.

Quite true. I think that this was going to be the job of Hillary Clinton, but that it was derailed by the election of Trump. Now the "left" is absolutely livid with getting back on tract with their proposed changes.

First Amendment: Will be re-imagined. We are already seeing the avocation by some that free speech be limited based (suppressed) on the mere accusations of themes such as "micro aggression", "hate speech", "offensive", and "unproven allegations". Currently, these accusations only result in the speaker being publicly ostracized. Should the left gain control of the political and justice systems, we will see actual police state power (Committee on Public Safety) imposed to silence those making "unapproved" remarks. After a quick kangaroo court appearance, those found guilty of apostate activities (not in conformance with "left" wing mantra) will be shipped off to re-education camps. We may actually get Orwell's "Ministry of Truth".

Accelerated anti-Western Cultural Re-Education: Over the past few years we have seen the emergence of a growing cacophony calling for the dismantling of Western Cultural values. Examples include "cancel culture", the 1619 Project, and forced "diversity" training that is actually aimed at vilifying people who happen to be White. As one dark ominous sign, the Washington Post ran an opinion piece on October 20, 2020 calling for an ersatz "Truth and Reconciliation Commission".

Note: This post was significantly revised on 10/25/2020

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Excellent points. Re-education has been a liberal agenda for a long time, and it's only heating up more and more. And I forgot about the first amendment aspect, that's a good point. They're so afraid that people might exchange opinions that they don't like.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Anyone gonna watch the Hunter Biden tapes this weekend? They're starting to dribble out, pardon the pun. :cool:

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Where can you watch or read them? Is it emails or videos?
I still want to watch the 60 minutes interview, haven't had the time yet. Or rather, spent too much time on my AWF addiction :(

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
It might be to graphic to post here. So I'll just say, if you put certain words together like gate and way and maybe pundit you might get there.;)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:34
Thanks. I will turn Netflix off and go watch them instead. :D

Edit: Having seen them, I am not so sure it was a good idea! 🤮

Last edited:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
1603687120532.png

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
I have not yet caught up on the 60 Minutes interview with Trump. I have not yet pursued locating the Trump version. Anyway, just to toss this out (once again, a restatement of the obvious); I've seen numerous interactions (workshops/debates/voter questions) of Biden with supposed "journalists" who have asked Biden "softball" questions while Trump gets adversarial long winded statements demanding that he explains some "failure". I suspect that Stahl's "questions", will be along the same adversarial line. But then I'm doing a no-no, pre-judging!!!

The 60 Minutes interview that President Trump cut short

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Here is a search I did today on Biden:

1603730978666.png

Save Sleepy Joe.

Now for Trump:

1603731328057.png

No fact checking whatsoever.

I think we all know which side Google is on. Election interference, just like Twitter and Facebook.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
And it's weird, because I am thinking to say "there is evidence" is one thing. To say "the evidence is significant" might be another.
Go up to "overwhelming".

But da*ning ? Kind of hard to reconcile with Mueller's final "no collusion" , isn't it Shifty?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Somehow we have extended Congress' protection against punishment for lying on the House and Senate floor to when they are speaking to the public. I say lock em' up. If he cannot provide the evidence, it doesn't exist given that none of the investigations (at least 3) into Trump have come up with anything except perjury traps.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I'm obligated on this one to re-state what I have previously stated. The land occupied by Washington D.C. belongs to the State of Maryland. It was "loaned" to the federal government for purposes of that land being used as the national capital. The portion of land that Virginia contributed, was returned to the State of Virginia in 1871.

The Democrats (falsely) claim that the residents of Washington DC are being denied the right to vote. That is an abuse of the facts. Should any resident of DC actually feel concerned that they are being deprived of the right to vote, they can move to either Virginia or Maryland. Additionally, the Democrats could solve this claimed grave Constitutional concern by simply having the area returned to the State of Maryland. A simple logical action that the Democrats disingenuously don't want to take since they are after the Senators and House Representatives that statehood would bring thus making the government and Congress a Democratic Party controlled operation.

Quite true. I think that this was going to be the job of Hillary Clinton, but that it was derailed by the election of Trump. Now the "left" is absolutely livid with getting back on tract with their proposed changes.

First Amendment: Will be re-imagined. We are already seeing the avocation by some that free speech be limited based (suppressed) on the mere accusations of themes such as "micro aggression", "hate speech", "offensive", and "unproven allegations". Currently, these accusations only result in the speaker being publicly ostracized. Should the left gain control of the political and justice systems, we will see actual police state power (Committee on Public Safety) imposed to silence those making "unapproved" remarks. After a quick kangaroo court appearance, those found guilty of apostate activities (not in conformance with "left" wing mantra) will be shipped off to re-education camps. We may actually get Orwell's "Ministry of Truth".

Accelerated anti-Western Cultural Re-Education: Over the past few years we have seen the emergence of a growing cacophony calling for the dismantling of Western Cultural values. Examples include "cancel culture", the 1619 Project, and forced "diversity" training that is actually aimed at vilifying people who happen to be White. As one dark ominous sign, the Washington Post ran an opinion piece on October 20, 2020 calling for an ersatz "Truth and Reconciliation Commission".

Note: This post was significantly revised on 10/25/2020
Yes, the suppression of speech and re-education are the most powerful tools they have.

Food for thought / prediction from me:
- Twitter & Facebook have already shocked people by censoring stories that hurt Democrats
- They are now in the "hot seat" for that, which, you might expect, would have them being more careful not to engage in such things
- However, there is another way of looking at it: "As long as we get Biden elected, we'll be fine"

prediction: Facebook/Twitter may ramp up their censoring activities beyond anything we've ever seen or imagined, because the ONLY way to avoid the "hot seat" now, is to make SURE Trump loses .... Therefore, instead of being more 'careful', they may decide the most logical course of action is to do 'whatever it takes' to make Trump lose--knowing if they do, they guarantee their safety and comfort long term.

Therefore I expect potentially extreme shenanigans in the next 8 days. Because as long as they get Biden to win, anything they do now will be forgiven.

Reactions: Jon

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
prediction: Facebook/Twitter may ramp up their censoring activities beyond anything we've ever seen or imagined, because the ONLY way to avoid the "hot seat" now, is to make SURE Trump loses ....
I have been saying that to people for at least 10 years. Well before Trump. They look at me like I'm wearing a tinfoil hat. FB and Twitter have crossed the line and they're never going back, they can't or they're dead. I won't let my financial manager even buy any social media stock or even Alphabet (Google). I stopped using Google years ago. Today I use DuckDuckGo or Bing. Yahoo, if I need a third opinion.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
That's a good principled approach!
Google is like a drug that I just can't let go, and feel like it's just "too big" to boycott effectively--antitrust might be the only way.
However, in other areas of life, I actually have started to refuse to patronize certain things that I just hate what they stand for...Even if I used to enjoy them quite a bit. Recently I stopped watching Big Bang Theory, nonstop mocking religion in the name of 'science'.
In its place, I'm giving all my Ratings to Last Man Standing. :)

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Thank God Joe told the world he's going to shut down petroleum oil on national TV. Some of those oil dependent states are getting nervous. They don't want to become the next California. The polls are starting to move in the other direction.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
If Joe gets elected, which is the most likely scenario, I give it 1 year, possibly 2 before they have to kick him out for reasons that become all too apparent if you see some of his recent speeches. It all depends on the rate of his cognitive decline, which varies from person to person. Then you are left with Kamala, who I understand is an unpopular candidate who got kicked out of the primaries early on. I am not sure how the primaries work. Is there a vote for who stays and who goes, and if so, who does the voting?

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
He said today that he is Kamala's running mate, instead of the other way around.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom