Running on low involvement for a while (1 Viewer)

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:13
I'm back to the roles of "go-fer" and chauffer instead of being a loafer.

LOL! Here's hoping for a speedy recovery. These days it seems like the hospital is the least safe place to be.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:13
Thank you for your concern, Adam. I will never chastise you for wishing my wife well, even if we are facing each other over flintlock pistols at 20 paces with blood in our eye and gunpowder that is dry.

Whether I chastise you for other things? Different story and depends on circumstances. You haven't changed, but I have.

As a moderator I have a responsibility to stay even-tempered. Doesn't pay for Jon to allow a bull in a china shop to be a mod. Which means I won't give you a suspension out of hatred. But if you go against Jon's guidelines repeatedly, I'll happily give you (and the forum) some breathing room.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I talked to the Infectious Disease doctor for a while. Seems that our skins harbor around a gazillion bugs that would love to nest someplace, but they can't because the skin won't allow it. But if there is a hole in the skin... it's an open door. Despite every step to keep things clean and to keep a barrier up, we humans carry our own worst enemies with us at all times. Which is why the COVID rules include washing your hands so often.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Wife is home again but so physically drained by the infection that I'm still the go-fer. But of course, to compound the problem, last night my car's "check engine" light lit up. Like the song from the TV show "Hee Haw" .... "If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
I finally got one of those code checker devices to see what the code was, and could I fix it. Somethings like sensors you can fix, then turn off the light off.

Glad you wife is doing better.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Thanks, all. Crazy times ahead. Wife has home infusions for the next several weeks and I'm the one who has to apply it. Fortunately, it's all set up so I don't have to do injections. Just use the PICC line. Whoopee! :eek:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Infusion = intravenous administration of medication.

neuroman9999

Local time
Infusion = intravenous administration of medication.
oh I get it.... needles! like the one they used on me a long time ago to give me a shot of dilaudid. Man, that was a laughable experience, and for quite a long while!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
In this case, the PICC line has already been established. Syringes - yes. Screw-top connections - yes. Needles? Nope. No need for a Sharps container.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
A Sharps container is found in any place where you have potential medical use of needles and scalpels.

You will note that I did NOT respond to the implied dig. I recognized it but had no interest in it.

neuroman9999

Local time
You will note that I did NOT respond to the implied dig. I recognized it but had no interest in it.
I have refrained from ""digging"" as of late. Many people have instructed me too. It was a joke, and a semi-prophetic statement. Wouldn't it be interesting though, if he was actually thinking of saying something like that? And we will never know, will we?

and speaking of ""digging"", I hope you don't accuse me of doing it to Colin. Although I'm sure the speculation will rise greatly when the words are read by him or others here.

on a side note, it is advised not to ""dig"" in areas of residences where the fiber optic internet cables run under the ground.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
AND another update. Wife's infection is pretty much subsided, all open wounds have closed up and healed up and are no longer draining, red, or swollen. She walks around the house without a cane and only brings a cane if she expects a long walk. Next Monday, she visits the orthopedic surgeon, who will in all likelihood put her on physical therapy for a few sessions, perhaps a month's worth. The PICC linke is out and she is now on oral antibiotics. Believe it or not, the thing that made her happiest was the ability to take a full and unrestricted shower.

Our house repair & refurbishing is almost done, so I'm hoping for a little peace and quiet. Now, all we have to do is survive Hurricane Zeta, which is barreling along in the Gulf of Mexico, heading our way. It doesn't look like we will have a direct hit of the eye wall, but we might get - at the very least - some gale-force winds out of it. Oh, my achin' back as I have to go out tomorrow and police the yard of branches that come out of our trees. With any luck, the fence should hold, but our house repair crew isn't finished. If we have a problem, they will be able to fix it.

All I can say about 2020 is DAMN what a terrible run of luck for the year.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:13
Pleased to hear your wife is getting better. Don't forget to add in Covid to 2020.

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 07:13
AND another update. Wife's infection is pretty much subsided, all open wounds have closed up and healed up and are no longer draining, red, or swollen. She walks around the house without a cane and only brings a cane if she expects a long walk. Next Monday, she visits the orthopedic surgeon, who will in all likelihood put her on physical therapy for a few sessions, perhaps a month's worth. The PICC linke is out and she is now on oral antibiotics. Believe it or not, the thing that made her happiest was the ability to take a full and unrestricted shower.

Our house repair & refurbishing is almost done, so I'm hoping for a little peace and quiet. Now, all we have to do is survive Hurricane Zeta, which is barreling along in the Gulf of Mexico, heading our way. It doesn't look like we will have a direct hit of the eye wall, but we might get - at the very least - some gale-force winds out of it. Oh, my achin' back as I have to go out tomorrow and police the yard of branches that come out of our trees. With any luck, the fence should hold, but our house repair crew isn't finished. If we have a problem, they will be able to fix it.

All I can say about 2020 is DAMN what a terrible run of luck for the year.
I'm glad to hear that your wife is making good progress on the road to recovery. Particularly pleased to hear that she no longer needs the cane in her hand. Could have been dangerous if you'd upset her while she still had that ready to hand :)

Good luck with Zeta. I'm sure we're all looking for better times next year.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Great news Doc! Here's hoping Zeta leaves you alone. Has to be the last one though, right? They're out of letters. ;)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Nope, now that they've gone into the Greek alphabet, Zeta is #6 (following Eta). At least another dozen and change to go.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Ah, I guess when you don't live in hurricane country you don't really pay attention to the names. I figured they'd just loop through again anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom