Solved Listbox Vertical Slider issues (1 Viewer)

Dreamweaver

Local time
Today, 12:39
Thought I had corrected this but found its not me I'm using Version 2016 (365)
The top Image shows the list when the side bar is not active loads of space left

I'm wondering if this is because I change the column widths on the fly depending on the filter selected??
2021-01-27 (1).png

And If you notice the Time column far right below
2021-01-27 (2).png

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 08:39
Dude...kinda showing your age with that play-list...jus 'sayin...

Dreamweaver

Local time
It gets worse I would be just as happy with the 70's :ROFLMAO: :cool::cool:🔊🔊🔊

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The slider gets added when the data needs a slider bar to manage it. ie - too many rows to fit on the from. You need to make the form a little wider. Your form can be set to show vertical and/or horizontal slide bar, or no slide bar. I think slide bars must have a sort of border around them that's masking your data, probably to define it clearly.

What time do we need to arrive? :D

Dreamweaver

Local time
Anyways I'll update mine and my mates copies but the downloads can wait if they ever get enough downloads to be worth the time to update

onur_can

Local time
Today, 05:39
You have to increase the time column a bit, so arrange the list width accordingly.

Dreamweaver

Local time
You have to increase the time column a bit, so arrange the list width accordingly.
Already done that as there is plenty of space but for some reason the bar is taking up twice it's normal width the column widths don't change in my code from have 10 items in the list to 500.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I just thought I would check a database, and it took me a few goes to find a continuous form.

Anyway, I am not seeing a loss of column width caused by a vertical slider. You also aren't getting the same effect in the collection in the left.

How have you actually designed the form to get the album selection on the left, and the tracklisting on the right. Is the tracklisting a list box rather than a subform? Maybe it's a list box presentation oddity. What is the collections display on the left? Is that a list box, or a subform?

Dreamweaver

Local time
The Left list is a listbox set to multie select when the Update Button is clicked it does a number of things including Setting the List Columns and number of columns but the list width always remains the same.
I will check make sure the total column widths add up to below the total available list width I think I allowed 501 for the slide.
I'll playab out see if I can findout if it happens on another list I code the widths etc, might take me a while to find one lol

Dreamweaver

Local time
Well, that’s weird Microsoft must have heard me cursing their name again lol
I just build a new object just to save me time posting my playlists so thought I would alter the design version and see what the bar looked like as you can see the scroll bar is fine
2021-01-28 (2).png

So I had perviously updated my user version that I use with the latest ACCDE that includes the above screen and it's gone away I haven't edited the screen in any way since I released it yesterday
2021-01-28 (4).png

onur_can

Local time
Today, 05:39
By the way, I can't be comfortable without saying this, Mr. MickJav.
Your form design is great. I really like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom