♪♫ Talkin' 'bout my generation ♫♪ ve (1 Viewer)

Which Generation do you belong to?

• The Lost Generation The Generation of 1914;

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Interbellum Generation

• The Greatest Generation

• The Silent Generation

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Baby Boomer Generation

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Generation X (Baby Bust)

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Xennials

• Millennials Generation Y, Gen Next

• iGen / Gen Z

• Gen Alpha

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 14:42
We've had a few similar threads and polls on this subject but this one is a little different and although we all probably know the answer (Gen X), I am hoping to get some participation. If anything do it because I said please and thank you...so PLEASE participate and THANK YOU in advance!

p.s. I realize that the site and this thread is slanted to the US culture so if anyone would like to share what their culture equivalent, please do!

Here is a site to use as a reference

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Born in 1965, I am a first year Gen X'er. The date ranges have changed over the years because when I was a child, I was told that I was a last-year Boomer.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 11:42
Gen X, although I'm a bit younger and on the tail end. That site has some weird stuff I'd never even heard of.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
That site has some weird stuff I'd never even heard of
Right? And what's up with that "The Greatest Generation" bit? According to who and by what criteria??

The Boomers are winning right now....

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Luckily satellite radio is washing away the sounds you tried to implant in my brain. Right now I've got a doctor with a lime and a coconut and I feel a lot better. :geek:

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Born in 1965, I am a first year Gen X'er. The date ranges have changed over the years because when I was a child, I was told that I was a last-year Boomer.
I would advocate that the transition from Boomer to Gen X occurred sometime in the fifties. The reason, the Vietnam and Korean wars plus other politics of the day did not affect the psyche of children growing up in the 1960 and 1970s. Martin Luther King gave his "I Dream of the Day ...." speech on August 28, 1963. Johnson implemented the "Great Society" in the time period of 1964-1965. In fact I would advocate that the peak of the Boomer generation (as well as the US) occurred on July 20, 1969 when the US landed on the moon.

Of course those born in the 1960s and later have been affected by those events, but they were either not yet born or otherwise too young to have been truly psychically affected by those events.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
We seem to me a minority here. It's not often I'm on he "younger end" of things...
:D ha yeah.

Although many might still consider me 'young', I've noticed a lot of interesting changes as life goes on. I relate less and less to the younger generation, and all of their hopes/dreams/concerns/ethics/ways of thinking .... and can feel that gap sort of slowly, but surely, emerging. Of course there are positives (I don't automatically diverge from them on everything, just sense the gap widening with time).

I'm sure at some point I'll feel full-on how much older people feel, and finally understand the cycle of life, after it's all near done.

Life is interesting...

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
I would advocate that the transition from Boomer to Gen X occurred sometime in the fifties. The reason, the Vietnam and Korean wars plus other politics of the day did not affect the psyche of children growing up in the 1960 and 1970s. Martin Luther King gave his "I Dream of the Day ...." speech on August 28, 1963. Johnson implemented the "Great Society" in the time period of 1964-1965. In fact I would advocate that the peak of the Boomer generation (as well as the US) occurred on July 20, 1969 when the US landed on the moon.

Of course those born in the 1960s and later have been affected by those events, but they were either not yet born or otherwise too young to have been truly psychically affected by those events.
Shut up and vote already....oh, wait...:cool:

Eljefegeneo

Still trying to learn
Local time
Born in 1944. Don't see my category of "War Baby".

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Right? And what's up with that "The Greatest Generation" bit? According to who and by what criteria??

The Boomers are winning right now....
Yep - makes you wonder about who got the privilege of self-naming, here!
But seriously, I've always kind of suspected that those greatest generation folks really do deserve it ...

I'm just waiting to see if you get any takers on the Lost generation, any AWF users @ 106 yr oughtta get some special award..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom