Wierd Form Activity (1 Viewer)

NearImpossible

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:06
For some reason, whenever I load my form with a tab control on it, the 1st tab that loads displays a blank form, when I click on any other tab and click back, it is displayed correctly.

this just started happening for some reason after a compact and repair, any thoughts??

NearImpossible

Registered User.
Local time
whatever caused the above issue is now causing the main form to take forever to load as well

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:06
You may have to consider posting a sample copy of your db.

NearImpossible

Registered User.
Local time
if it were only that simple, everything is tied to a SQL backend.

I've figured out the load time issue, but am stumped on why the forms aren't being displayed on the first tab

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
if it were only that simple, everything is tied to a SQL backend.

I've figured out the load time issue, but am stumped on why the forms aren't being displayed on the first tab
Just curious, if you replace the linked table for the form with the problem with a local table, just for testing, would the problem go away?

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:06
maybe add Code to the subform's Load Event:

private sub Form_Load()
With Me.Recordset
.MoveLast
.MoveFirst
End With
End Sub

NearImpossible

Registered User.
Local time
Unfortunately neither suggestion worked, i've had this happen in the past and had to end up deleteing and recreating all my forms, which I would rather not do again if possible....

NearImpossible

Registered User.
Local time
uploading a gif image to show what is going on.

As you can see the forms don't load on the Facility Info Tab, until I click on another tab and then click back on the Facility Info Tab

Attachments

• Animation.gif
    Animation.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 250

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 20:06
They look like subforms, what are the Master Child relationships.
Subforms load before the main form, and it may be that whatever determines the Subforms record source isn't available on first open?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Unfortunately neither suggestion worked, i've had this happen in the past and had to end up deleteing and recreating all my forms, which I would rather not do again if possible....
Okay, that sounds perfect. When I asked for a sample db, I was hoping you could give us a single file with just a copy of your form in there with a local table with test data. Now, it sounds like you could duplicate the problelm with a local table, which is what we need to see the problem, so we can help you. Otherwise, I am not sure how we can help you if we can't examine your form.

NearImpossible

Registered User.
Local time
Well i'm not sure what broke when I did the compact and repair as it was working prior to that.

I have remedied the situation by just loading without the subforms set and then setting the source object for them on the Form Open

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Well i'm not sure what broke when I did the compact and repair as it was working prior to that.

I have remedied the situation by just loading without the subforms set and then setting the source object for them on the Form Open
Gladly to hear you found a solution that works for you. Cheers!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom