Solved New database entries stopped updating searchable list (1 Viewer)

LadyoftheForest

Local time
Today, 02:08
Something happened with my database, and I'm not sure what I did. It's a herb and book library database created in Access 2016
Fair warning, I'm not a coder, I can only build simple things. I'm still learning querys and reports.
This was created from several other databases and any coding or macros were done by those creators.

For some reason, when I add a new plant to the database, it no longer adds the plant to the searchable Flower list like it used to.
The database is too large to be attached to this post, so I've added a link to the file on Google drive.
The forum may not let me add the link. If not, I should be able to private message the link to you if you think you could help

@arnelgp once again, if you have time and because you are familiar with it, if you could take a look, It would be much appreciated.

Herb Database

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:08
The database is too large to be attached to this post,
From a copy, remove all tables/queries/forms/reports not relevant to this question, then compact/repair and finally zip before uploading.

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 06:08
Something happened with my database, and I'm not sure what I did. It's a herb and book library database created in Access 2016
Fair warning, I'm not a coder, I can only build simple things. I'm still learning querys and reports.
This was created from several other databases and any coding or macros were done by those creators.

For some reason, when I add a new plant to the database, it no longer adds the plant to the searchable Flower list like it used to.
The database is too large to be attached to this post, so I've added a link to the file on Google drive.
The forum may not let me add the link. If not, I should be able to private message the link to you if you think you could help

@arnelgp once again, if you have time and because you are familiar with it, if you could take a look, It would be much appreciated.

Herb Database
Do you get the desired result if you change the join properties in the query "qryFlowersExtended" to include all records from "tblFlowers" and only those from "tblBloomColor" that match.

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Yesterday, 23:08

Herb Database
Your query "qryFlowersExtended" which populates the searchable Flower list form, has an inner join between tblFlower and tblBloomColor. Although tblBloomColor doesn't seem to be USED in this form, having the inner join restricts the recordset to only those flowers for which you have recorded a recorded in tblBloomColor. Changing that to a LEFT OUTER join allows all of the records to be returned to the recordset for the form. However, since tblBloomColor is never used in the form anyway, why not remove it from the query?

LadyoftheForest

Local time
Do you get the desired result if you change the join properties in the query "qryFlowersExtended" to include all records from "tblFlowers" and only those from "tblBloomColor" that match.
Thank you sooooo much! That fixed it! I can't figure out how that changed, because I've never been in that screen.
You rock!!

LadyoftheForest

Local time
Glad we could help.
I've never heard of such things changing themselves.
Does anybody else have access to the db?
No, only me. But, my middle name is “murphy”, so if something can go wrong it will happen to me. I will definitely be looking at that first now though, if it happens again. Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom