Solved ComboBox list items not selectable (1 Viewer)

Lanser

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:13
Hi I have an issue two almost identical forms, with an unbound combobox being used to filter a form. The combobox recordsource is a query that pulls document types from the main table
I have googled and tried all the suggestions the form is not locked, edits are allowed etc I have tried different forms of triggering the filter after update.
It was working as expected when I designed it and until I tried adding a new style of table based on the first but now just wont behave.

Attachments

• Document Control.accdb
    2.9 MB · Views: 270

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
would help if you explained which of the forms is a problem and how to navigate to it. Would also help if you disabled your hide access window functionality

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 14:13
you AllowAdditions to your form, anyway your query, RegisterQuery is non-updateable query.

Lanser

Registered User.
Local time
The Forms are Register and Review Register and related queries ReqisterQuery and RegisterQueryReview. and the cboType is the combo box that looks up its list from qryType to then filter the data.

The main database window is still available by clicking on the taskbar icon, I haven't found a way to prevent that yet, and I was worried disabling too much would break it entirely.

@arnelgp I thought the filters work on the form itself not the query? and the Register form was working fine a few days ago, pretty sure I didn't change anything there.

regards
John

arnelgp

Local time
did you try to set the Form's Allow Additions to Yes?
'coz i just did before i posted.

Lanser

Registered User.
Local time
No I didnt because I dont want additions or edits on thiese forms they're just meant to show what documents are in the database. The Edit change bits are password protected, from sticky fingers.

I just tried changing it to allow additions but I still can't select items in the dropdown.

regards
John

arnelgp

Local time
just make those changes to your Form (Allow Additions = Yes).
and on your macro (that opens these 2 forms), Set the DataMode to Edits (currently ReadOnly).

like i said there is no harm of Allowing Additions, since your Queries are Non-Updateable (cannot be updated/edited, also will not allow Additions).

Lanser

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks that fixed it and looking back maybe it was working before because I was opening the forms from the nav pane rather that the switchboard

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom