What would an LGBT battalion look like? (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:07
I just posted this in another thread. I thought of the title whilst posting it elsewhere, and realised it would stand on its own.

I use LGBT in the title. I refuse to use the longer version with the extra character (that's a subtle dig)

And also because eventually the acronym will become so long even Colin @isladogs won't be able to decipher it!

Let's have your thoughts on a battalion of LGBT warriors, what would a tank commander look like what would he say what would he do?

What would an LGBT sergeant major look like, how would he speak/shout...

Who would you expect to see in a diversity orientated war room?

I understand the navy has always had quite a bit of diversity in its complement. Do you have any stories / ideas?

Uncle "stirring the pot" Gizmo

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:07
I understand the humorous intent, but I'm going to back off from this one. I have a step-daughter who is in the LGBTQ+ group. She served in Desert Storm in a rear-echelon communications unit with the US Air Force (as a reservist). All she ever wanted in that capacity was to be treated as a person. The only title she ever wanted went with her rank.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Now, after any furor dies down, I'll answer the question another way.

What would an LGBT battalion look like?​

Oh, darling, they would look FABulous.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Ooh dear, I've broken a fingernail, now I'll be awarded the purple heart medal, I hope it goes with my new blouse.
Col

Ah, yes, a man with a smiling face and a big, purple heart on. (Be careful to not say that TOO fast...)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Well, the drag queen programs in my area are on channels that I don't watch. Because of my cable package, I can't selectively unsubscribe, but at least I can assure you that channel is not on my "Favorites" list.

You want to see REALLY hostile activity? Come down to New Orleans during the Decadence Festival and park near the congregation of Southern Baptists. There you might break more than a fingernail. Oh, they get SO intense!

But now a moment of honesty. I've known literally dozens of LGBTQ+ people, some of which were transvestites but not transsexuals. You meet those when you work as a musician on Bourbon Street, and I did that to pay my way through college. They are just folks who have fun in ways that you or I would probably not care to emulate. But Shakespeare's question still applies:

"If you prick us, do we not bleed? if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?"

(And use the phrase as it was used in the time of Shakespeare, please...) We cannot forget that they are people just like us in many ways, just with some odd habits.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 11:07
Like a fight with the poofter or lezzie partner. Or maybe a backstage fight on one of those disgusting drag queen programmes.
Col
I set that up to see what response you would give and you did not disappoint!

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 08:07
I just posted this in another thread. I thought of the title whilst posting it elsewhere, and realised it would stand on its own.

I use LGBT in the title. I refuse to use the longer version with the extra character (that's a subtle dig)

And also because eventually the acronym will become so long even Colin @isladogs won't be able to decipher it!

Let's have your thoughts on a battalion of LGBT warriors, what would a tank commander look like what would he say what would he do?

What would an LGBT sergeant major look like, how would he speak/shout...

Who would you expect to see in a diversity orientated war room?

I understand the navy has always had quite a bit of diversity in its complement. Do you have any stories / ideas?

Uncle "stirring the pot" Gizmo

Too sad to answer, sadly. All I can think is the seriousness of whatever that battalion may look like, it will have little holes in the uniforms where the American POWs' flags have been ripped off by their captors - basically, any country that has not become totally ridiculous like the USA culture (and the UK and others, if they're not careful).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom