Language Translator (1 Viewer)

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 13:47
Thanks Jason but Mark is a standard English US voice supplied with Windows 10. Not heard of MS Eva but hers is another English US voice.
What I'd really like is some additional voices for languages not supplied with Win10 e.g. Icelandic, Welsh, Scots, Irish, Filipino

Last edited:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Unfortunately not. Although those I've listened to do sound good, the voices themselves cannot be downloaded.
Thanks for looking.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Whilst continuing to work on my own Translate & Speak app, I hit a problem when translating original text in a language using a non-Latin character set e.g. Russian, Chinese, Arabic. In such cases the output had nothing to do with the original text being translated.

As the same issue affects @arnelgp's version, I'm mentioning it here as well for information.

After several fruitless hours, the solution was to use a modified version of the code from https://www.codegrepper.com/code-examples/vb/excel+vba+translate+text which uses Excel as an intermediary step

For a more detailed description of the issue, see my thread at https://www.utteraccess.com/topics/2061924/posts/2787256

Last edited:

uncleh

Local time
Today, 21:47
now with "limited" voice translation.
the voice synthesizer comes from GNU: eSpeak: Speech Synthesizer (sourceforge.net)
there are limited language (i think around 40).
you need to install eSpeak to have voice translation.

so whether you are using old xp os, voice is available to you.
hi arnelgp ,thank you for sharing. but the V7 ver. seems has some problem, please see attached.

Attachments

• V1.jpg
    V1.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 165
  • V7.jpg
    V7.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 167

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 21:47
you can switch the button code to call Excel webservice again.

vhung

Local time
Today, 06:47
again, i am not going into "voice" translation since not all language can be voice-translate, specially arabic.
let the users add that on their own language.
Good day,
this trend is very useful, I make use of it for my daughter “10-year-old”.
But only some language can’t be done on “speech. Speak“ like Korean.

Attachments

• speechTranslation.png
    speechTranslation.png
    123.7 KB · Views: 118

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom