No Current Record error when closing forms (1 Viewer)

Albie0803

Local time
Today, 19:34
This morning, all the FE dbs are now throwing a No Current Record error when closing some of the forms in the DB.

Everything was running fine yesterday afternoon.
No changes have been made to any code of the affected forms for at least a month.
The BE db has had Compact and Repair done on it.
I have put a break point on the last line of code ( Exit Sub ) in the forms.close statements and the code runs fine to there, but when I press F8 or F5 the form closes and the error message appears.
I have looked at all tables referenced by the affected forms and all the data looks ok.
Every other function on the forms works just as it did yesterday.

Office 365 2204

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:34
That version of Office is apparently throwing errors. You are not the first person to report the error. Can you try to roll back that Office update as a test?

If rolling back the 2204 update helps, try to stay at that lower version until the next Office patch comes out. As many reports as have come out on that problem, I think MS is aware of it and will hopefully do something constructive quickly.

mrtommo

Local time
I've had the same error the past three days. Like the OP we didn't change anything else. Even opened up an old DB version with it's old Backed from 2 years ago and had the same issue. Not seen it before this week.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
It's a recently introduced bug - see the longer thread here:

And read about it here

mrtommo

Local time
Thanks, Minty; that's great. I've reported it in the app to add to the pile; hopefully they'll fix it soon. It's not too bad for us, so can live with it until then. Just glad to know it's not anything I've done!

BillDodd

Local time
This morning, all the FE dbs are now throwing a No Current Record error when closing some of the forms in the DB.

Everything was running fine yesterday afternoon.
No changes have been made to any code of the affected forms for at least a month.
The BE db has had Compact and Repair done on it.
I have put a break point on the last line of code ( Exit Sub ) in the forms.close statements and the code runs fine to there, but when I press F8 or F5 the form closes and the error message appears.
I have looked at all tables referenced by the affected forms and all the data looks ok.
Every other function on the forms works just as it did yesterday.

Office 365 2204
I too have had this issue. I tried a database written in 2011 and the form still gives the error of 'No Current Record' theres obviously been an update that now throws this error for some situation. It cannot be trapped. Access version 2204 15128.20224. It is a complex form - memory issues?

It does not appear to cause any issues, just gives the error message when closing the form.

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 14:34
Issue *appears* to be fixed by running Update Now, at least for me and my clients whose machine automatically ran the update in the background.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom