MailMerge: Display Email before Send (wdSendToEmail) (1 Viewer)

Mohsin Malik

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:13
Hello,

Hope you all are doing well,

I have been using the MailMerge feature to generate dynamic content for the outlook email body and setting the destination to wdSendToEmail. This works really well to send dynamic emails and without any user intervention. My company now wants the capability to allow the users to further edit the generated content of the email and then manually hit the 'Send' button (in outlook) to send the email. Is there any way to do this?

Best regards
Mohsin

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 10:13
comment out SEND and use DISPLAY:

.Display True 'show user but dont send yet
'.Send 'send now

bastanu

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 07:13
I'm afraid it cannot be done in your current context, the built in Word mail-merge emailing doesn't have a Display. Your options are to automate Outlook programmatically and get the move through the Word mail-merge records and get the content to be used as the Outlook message BodyHTML or maybe use a modal form to present to the user a preview of what is about to be sent. The hard part with the second one is getting the changes back to Word.

Why not just simply telling the users to edit the Word template if needed and not save the changes (this would work if all records are receiving the same change).

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom