Unable To Fix Excel Issue. (1 Viewer)

Tonybenz

Local time
Today, 16:28
Hello everyone. Hopefully, you are all well. This is my first post on this forum. I hope I will get a better suggestion from you. Guys, I need help with my computer. I am unable to fix the "Microsoft Excel not enough memory error". Although I am not an expert on this matter. I am using the MS Office Excel 2013 version, and the installed RAM on my computer is 8 GB. I don't have any ideas. Please help if possible.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 10:58
So what other suggestions have you been given?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:58
Please clarify: Do you get this message even when launching Excel without naming a workbook or do you get it while running something you opened previously?

In the former case, you have something eating your memory because 8 GB of RAM should be very comfortable for most versions of Office.

In the latter case, we would need to know what you are doing inside the workbook, such as running some VBA or some macro or trying to do a CUT followed by multiple large pastes or trying to import a file. Each of those things might lead to memory failures, each in a different way.

Help us to help you by giving a bit more to work with.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
There is another possibility in that either the disk is almost full or there is a low upper limit on the size of the virtual memory file. Either one would have the effect of blocking execution. But it also matters to know the EXACT wording of the error message, since if it is a virtual memory error, the word "virtual" would be part of it. However, that statement of the error message is a bit vague and I wonder if we are looking at the whole message.

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
good point, @The_Doc_Man

I was just moving things off my C: drive yesterday to give programs more space for their temporary processing files ... after permanently deleting Recycle Bin and Temp files wasn't enough

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 03:58
Disable all add-ins and double check the XLSTART folder?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I think we are ALL stabbing in the dark here.

@Tonybenz - please copy the exact error message or take a screen shot of it. We will work forward from there.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
"I'll bet it's because of a Windows Update" :LOL::LOL:

Ok, I'll stop. I promise to stop making fun of that issue soon..

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
hi @Tonybenz

maybe the error message isn't exactly right ... perhaps you have a bad formula? Can you run Excel at all? Maybe it needs to be reinstalled?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
@Tonybenz, we need some feedback. Right now you are asking for help because something isn't working, we know what is wrong but we don't know enough yet to know why. If you went to a doctor and said, "My shoulder hurts" you would expect the doctor to ask "When and what are you doing at that time?" I.e. follow-up questions. Well, some of us have asked follow-up questions to try to classify the problem. Help us to help you by giving us some ideas about what you are trying to do - specifically - at the moment. Tell us step by step - starting from turning on the computer or at least from logging in - what you are trying to do when you get that error message.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I hope I will get a better suggestion from you.
From the above, I would assume this has been asked elsewhere and the O/P did not like the responses.?

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
It feels like we are just talking amongst ourselves at this point.

Reminds me of sometimes when my daughter brings up a problem she's having at work. After a while I realize I'm basically just talking to myself and she didn't really have a problem she wanted to solve.
On to the water cooler tony, that's what it's for!

Tonybenz

Local time
Today, 16:28
Thanks to all of you again to giving me your valuable time and effort. Guys, I already figured out the issue after finding this (digicruncher.com/excel-not-enough-memory-error/) on Google today. The issue is fixed after disabling the hardware graphics acceleration. Thank you.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Thanks to all of you again to giving me your valuable time and effort. Guys, I already figured out the issue after finding this (digicruncher.com/excel-not-enough-memory-error/) on Google today. The issue is fixed after disabling the hardware graphics acceleration. Thank you.
Thanks for posting your solution. (y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom