Fake arrests (1 Viewer)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:25
Did anyone see the videos of AOC and the gang being perp walked in front of the Capitol the other day? As soon as they thought they were out of view of the cameras, they raised their arms in the black power salute. Funny how only the gang got "arrested" but none of the other protesters did.

I am totally disgusted with the police for going along with this photo opp.

AngelSpeaks

Local time
Today, 12:25
I agree. I would have cuffed the bitch in front of the cameras. Maybe frisk her first.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The Democrats blatantly lie to the public and the media supports them. With the police colluding also, we have no hope. They all should have been arrested as well as the people protesting in front of the Justice's homes. This was an outright lie to convince the public of two things:
1. their elected Democrats are willing to take a bullet for the team when they did no such thing.
2. the police are following the law and arresting the people protesting illegally. No one actually got arrested. It was all a show for the public similar to the 1/6 spectacle.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 10:25
AOC is just another self obsessed teenybopper girl with a bit too much makeup.
Then again, maybe that's why she seems more interested in posting makeup videos than anything serious.

If I want to learn the latest disease that matcha tea cures or what's the newest anti-wrinkle serum I can always just ask my daughter! What kind of morons are voting for her in New York city? Just reinforces my impression that it's a City full of essentially crazy people that have almost nothing to do with the rest of the United States.
Then again, it's just as much of a head scratcher who is voting for that Lightfoot clown in Chicago.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
What kind of morons are voting for her in New York city?
The same ones that are OK with catch and release and defund the police. They don't take the subway or walk the streets or frequent bodegas so they don't see the crime up close and personal. My granddaughter's fiancée works and lives in NYC and every time she takes the train to the city to visit, I'm terrified she's going to run into one of these crazies.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
The same ones that are OK with catch and release and defund the police. They don't take the subway or walk the streets or frequent bodegas so they don't see the crime up close and personal. My granddaughter's fiancée works and lives in NYC and every time she takes the train to the city to visit, I'm terrified she's going to run into one of these crazies.
I'm sorry that she has to go through that. You couldn't pay me to even visit the place.

And then to think that they were adding insult to injury by telling law abiding citizens in that type of a horrific place that they couldn't even carry a small firearm to protect themselves. What a bunch of loonies, thank God for the supreme Court

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If only we had a functioning Supreme Court. Instead, we have the same activists who try to make law rather than rule based on the Constitution. They've refused to take any of the election corruption cases lest they have to rule in favor of the evil orange man. For the COVID case they cut the baby in half and left us with silly rules for medical facilities. Overturning Roe v Wade is probably going to end up worse than leaving it.

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:25
I don't care who you are or who you don't like but use of demeaning, dehumanizing, disrespectful terms such as 'bitch' when addressing women is uncalled for and has no place in civilized discourse.

AngelSpeaks

Local time
AOC is just another self obsessed teenybopper girl with a bit too much makeup.
Then again, maybe that's why she seems more interested in posting makeup videos than anything serious.

If I want to learn the latest disease that matcha tea cures or what's the newest anti-wrinkle serum I can always just ask my daughter! What kind of morons are voting for her in New York city? Just reinforces my impression that it's a City full of essentially crazy people that have almost nothing to do with the rest of the United States.
Then again, it's just as much of a head scratcher who is voting for that Lightfoot clown in Chicago.
What happened in Chicago is only democrats run for mayor. The last election about a dozen ran and noone had a large following. That left Beetlejuice and another moron Toni Periwinkle. Periwinkle was the twit responsible for the disastrous Crook County soda tax, so that's how Beetlejuice won.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
AOC might or might not be a big "B"-word but she certainly acts like a mangy, unruly cur. She needs to be put on a leash and to have her inoculations checked.

Harrybrigham

Local time
Today, 18:25
I don't care who you are or who you don't like but use of demeaning, dehumanizing, disrespectful terms such as 'bitch' when addressing women is uncalled for and has no place in civilized discourse.
Read the preamble to the thread. Bitch is quite mild.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
@June7 What is a better way to reference an elected official who lies to the public and rather than being serious about governing, gives make up tips.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
What is this? I have never seen you in this forum before. Nothing wrong with that, it just made me wonder: Do you have a Search Alert set up specifically for the word "b**ch" ? How else in the world would you have suddenly come alive - don't take offense to this, just an honest question / wondering.

Also, I myself would also go on the side of, keeping actual profanity off the forum so in a sense I agree with you.
The thing is that many people (in the most current/modern of times) see the b-word as simply a way to express that a particular woman is a jerk. Jerk being a word used for someone nasty and wrong, but, for some reason, almost always lobbed in the direction of males.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The thing is that many people (in the most current/modern of times) see the b-word as simply a way to express that a particular woman is a jerk.

My wife is not among those people. That is one of a couple of trigger words that she will react very negatively to, even if it's not directed at her.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
My wife is not among those people. That is one of a couple of trigger words that she will react very negatively to, even if it's not directed at her.
Glad I behaved myself then!

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Glad I behaved myself then!

If I'm a betting man, and I do live in Nevada, I'm betting your blushing bride wouldn't be too happy with you using the word either. :p

We'll be out there 8/23 - 9/13 if you're available. We will be on babysitting duty part of that time.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time

That seems fairly normal/common. And you probably know me (online at least) well enough to know I'm not really defending the use of the word on any level other than the abstract observation that many of its users don't mean anything deeper or more sinister by it than when women call men a jerk, a tool, an a-hole, etc.

I certainly avoid using it because I know that to some people it does carry some kind of deeper more degrading connotation which neither they nor I can explain but seems to exist regardless.

When in traffic the times that I may mutter something unpleasant under my breath I usually stick to the word "idiot" - going gender-specific just seems too dark!

Although - changing the subject now - there IS a street, coming out of my home subdivision, where 2 opposing side streets people await to turn in either direction onto the "main drag". 99% of the times I approach my stop sign, there is a woman in an SUV on the opposite side of the street who has gotten there first. She is always turning left, I am always turning right. She waits for me, and does the usual female quick motioning with the hands, etc. etc.

For years I have had a sort of petty fantasy - in this dream, I creep up to their side of the intersection in the middle of the night and plant a sign that simply says: Dear Women of Mountain Ranch Park: If YOU stopped first, YOU GO FIRST!
Up to now this silly daydream has been enough to give me the chuckle I need to move on ... but those annoying frenetic gestures (in lieu of knowing the rule) do indeed grate on me. :LOL:

You know women drivers....it's all about the gestures, there are no rules!

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Women often err on the side of politeness. Your neighbor would never make it through a traffic circle in Boston. Especially the one where you get off at the end of i-90. The theory there is if you make eye contact, you've lost. You just close your eyes and bull your way through. Let the others avoid you. I find driving in Boston to be terrifying in general. I'd rather drive in Manhattan. At least in Manhattan, the streets are a grid. Last time I was in Boston, my partner was driving and we came to an inter section with 6 roads and three traffic lights. We sat through four light cycles before we figured out which one controlled the path we wanted to take. Luckily traffic was light or someone would have shot us.

In general, the discussions here are g rated although sometimes we escalate to pg-13 as this one did. The "b" word has lost much of its former oomph and is usually treated as a minor swear word.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Women often err on the side of politeness. Your neighbor would never make it through a traffic circle in Boston. Especially the one where you get off at the end of i-90. The theory there is if you make eye contact, you've lost. You just close your eyes and bull your way through. Let the others avoid you. I find driving in Boston to be terrifying in general. I'd rather drive in Manhattan. At least in Manhattan, the streets are a grid. Last time I was in Boston, my partner was driving and we came to an inter section with 6 roads and three traffic lights. We sat through four light cycles before we figured out which one controlled the path we wanted to take. Luckily traffic was light or someone would have shot us.

In general, the discussions here are g rated although sometimes we escalate to pg-13 as this one did. The "b" word has lost much of its former oomph and is usually treated as a minor swear word.

It may be politeness, yes, but that's one of my pet peeves.

Driving out on the streets is a place to follow rules, not worry about politeness - except in the very rare cases where someone really needs a favor AND you are well-positioned to actually DO the favor WITHOUT hosing up everybody else. (For example if someone needs to be let out of a driveway and you can stop to let them WITHOUT backing up 100 people behind you suddenly and unexpectedly - fine.

Simple, black-and-white 2-way stops is not the time to be polite. You stop first, you go first. You don't rely on frantically gesturing the person to demand that they go first - you follow the rules. Annoying as heck.

If we all forego the rules and drive on our own whims of what polite means it would be total chaos, as it is getting out of my subdivision every morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom