Question Queries into forms without turning into a sub-form? (1 Viewer)

carrybag93

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:41
I've made a query that is supposed to be fully disfunctional, I just want it to display data. But when I drag it into my form, it creates a sub-form (or form, I'm not sure) and places that there instead. All I want is data from another table to be viewed in my form for another table.

:banghead:

e.g. I want the 'Order' form to display information from the 'Product' table to assist the user filling out the 'Order' form.

Any ideas?

rodmc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:41
eh, not sure im following you but thats whats supposed to happen, do these 2 tables form a one to many relationship?

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Perhaps a Combo box or List box control, based on the query would be of use in this situation.

carrybag93

Registered User.
Local time
rodmc: I don't want them to interact with each other, I just want an up-datable display of data gotten from one table to just be displayed in another table's form to assist the user filling out the form.

bob fitz: I don't know what you mean :s

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Open the form in design view. Use the wizard to create a new Combo box or List box. When required, select the name of the query from the list of tables and queries. Give it a try. You can always delete the control if it is not what you need. :)

carrybag93

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for that solution! Is there any way to make the list box so that the user cannot actually select anything? :) :) :)

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
You could try setting its Locked property to Yes. This may give the effect that you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom