J
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Jon,
    Your Conc() command is nearly exactly what I'm looking for, except in your example, the ID that you Group By is numeric, and in my situation, I must group on a text field. Can the script be modified so that it will work with my text column?
    Hi Jon K,

your Concatenate Multiple Rows Access 2000 code is an excellent piece of code that has saved me a lot of times.

But i want to ask for something more complicated if you can help me .

I need a small adjustment of that piece of code but i am confused.

I want the concatenated field to include only distinct values

for example,when i concatenate multiple rows and the result is something like this: 1,1,2,1,3,3,4,1,3,2

i would prefer the rusult be 1,2,3,4

I tried to change the piece of code that refers to:

Do While Not rs.EOF
    If Not IsNull(rs!Fld) Then

vFld = vFld & ", " & rs!Fld

End If
    rs.MoveNext
    Loop

but i dont know a lot of Functions and i got confused and couldnt make it work!

I think it will be a piece of cake for you
    Can you help me??

Thank you in advance!!
    Jon,

I'm using your Concatenate Multiple Rows Access 2000 code. How can I alphabetize the concatenated output? I need to do so for a project and the current code will not alphabetize.
    Jon,
    (sorry to put this here, tried finding how to PM you but the option wasn't there). I'm trying to follow your tip on how to use sumproduct through the references library (http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=68530)
    but i'm having some difficulties. Could you give me a hand?

I've opened up the macro vba editor, i've then gone to Tools and found Microsoft Excel 11.0 Object Library but honestly, i don't know what to do next... :(
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom