A 2013 Ribbon missing (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 18:53
I have a db that has been opening fine for years from an icon on my desk top. Now it opens with the ribbons missing. It is not the little arrow on the right side below the – and x. That is in the up position as it should be. If I delete the icon and do a new icon to the path it still does the same thing. If I open Access 2013 first and then find the db it opens ok. The files that have a MDB open ok, the files that have a ACCDB are the ones that have no ribbon. Any ideas?

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Somebody please help. This is driving me crazy.:banghead:

shutzy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:53
have you tried changing the settings. file\options\current database

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
have you tried changing the settings. file\options\current database
Thanks for answering!
I have gone over the setting under current database numerous times. I don't see a setting that would relate to the ribbon. Do you have a particular setting in mind?

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
I have a db that has been opening fine for years from an icon on my desk top. Now it opens with the ribbons missing. It is not the little arrow on the right side below the – and x. That is in the up position as it should be. If I delete the icon and do a new icon to the path it still does the same thing. If I open Access 2013 first and then find the db it opens ok. The files that have a MDB open ok, the files that have a ACCDB are the ones that have no ribbon. Any ideas?

Here is hoping this added information will help to figure out what is going on. Trying to find my ribbon problem I discovered that if I have a .mdb file already open then my accdb file opens with the ribbon showing. Any help will be appreciated.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Hallelujah,
Maybe somebody else may need this. I right clicked on the offending icon, > properties > open file location. Right click on file > properties > click open with. Somehow it was switch from .accdb to .mdb

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
I tried to have two versions and I also had weird things happen. I though the tech at the computer store had taken 2010 off but evidently not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom