Sending out emails from outlook via access (1 Viewer)

HangoutGuy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:17
Hi all,

I've been having this issue for sometime now and I'm not even sure if there is a workaround.

I have an employee table with names, addresses, emails etc. and I want to be able to send out an email to each of the 180+ employees about their project details.

My VBA code is working perfectly for the way the emails are formatted, but the emails do not send without me clicking the send button. The "edit email" part of the VBA code is set to false so I should not be given the option to have the email open for editing, and yet it still does.

From my research this looks like a security issue and the way my work computer is locked down it seems like other programs (in this case access) aren't allowed to send emails without user verification such as the "send email" button in outlook.

If my line of thinking is correct then there is no solution. If I am missing something I would appreciate guidance.

Thanks!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:17
Hi. You are correct that's it's by design due to security reasons. You will have to work with your IT department to implement any of the solutions or workarounds available. For example, if third-party apps are not allowed, then maybe they will allow you to directly access the mail server and use CDO code instead.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom