Access 2000 Calendar Report (1 Viewer)

S

stillkarenann

Hi all - I'm pretty impressed with the group you have here and was hoping you could assist with my headache.

I have a database that contains a listing of seminars and dates.

The user will input the month/year and it should generate a report in a standard calendar type format (Sample Here).

I'm really at a loss after having done days of searching for something similar. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

statsman

Local time
Today, 11:07
So...what would you like to do. Your description of the problem was vague.
Would you like to print a report that looks like a calendar? If so, you are setting yourself a real hard task. You would have to create report templates that look like calendars but you would require a template for every possible combination (months starting on every day of the week, combined with months with 30, 31, 28 or 29 days).
Please give me more info to work with.

S

stillkarenann

Maybe this will clarify (or not)....

I found a calendar at weAscend - http://www.weascend.com/Downloads.htm and mussed around to almost get what I needed... The particular file is CalendarLV.zip.

If you open it up and click on "Appointment Calendar (Who)". That pretty much what I'm looking for - the problem here is when you hit print preview. I've managed to get my sample to have decent sizing but I can get the day contents to print - empty field are bad chars and populated fields show "0".

With this in mind, would the opinion be that I mess around and try to get this one working or could there be another road.

There has *got* to be a better way... Cause this stinks.

Last edited:
S

stillkarenann

Update: for anyone that finds this thread.

I spent over a week trying to figure this out and gather materials online. I tried making Reports, Forms and Pages. Also tried using the Outlook Calendar feature but it was pretty lackluster.

The conclusion: It was simply WAAAY more work than it is worth to create a printable/exportable monthly calendar formatted report, form or page in Access 2000.

Creating 42 ActiveX objects and pulling the content from the database was just crazy to tweak.

The client I was working with found it acceptable to, instead, create it in an Excel file using this Microsoft help file - XL2000: How to create a Monthly Calendar - and custom calls to the Access 2000 database.

Last edited:

greaseman

Closer to seniority!
Local time
Today, 10:07
Don't know if this will help.......

Pat Hartman created a calendar style report, which is "fueld by several crosstab queries. If you do a search on this forum, using "calendar report" as your search criteria, it might be something you can use. I've played around with it a bit, and it's pretty good. In my case, I need to see more than one item per day which is what I'm working on.

In any case, give it a shot, and good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom