View Single Post
Old 09-05-2019, 04:25 AM   #16
isladogs
Part time moderator

Thanked 2,862 Times in 2,607 Posts
isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold
Re: Access Rich-/HTML-Textbox does indents bulleted lists with wrapped text incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic8 View Post
That is the right approach, but it is the wrong way round. I have fixed bounds (the width of the textbox) and want to know what part of my string will fit in there.

Yes, I could start with a reasonable assumption and then use TwipsFromFont in a loop to fine tune that to the actual measurement. - That would be a workaround, but not as elegant as I hoped for.
Yes I realise that you actually want 'FontFromTwips' but I don't think thw workround is likely to be too complex

If you haven't yet done so, have a look at the 2 Wizhook links in my website article. The 2nd link is a PDF which won't allow me to quote from it but here's an extract as a screenshot:

The extract also contains two functions

I have the A2000 Developers Handbook but haven't looked at that chapter recently. If you don't have the book, let me know & I'll look whether there is any additional code that may be useful to you
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (80.7 KB, 25 views)

Website links:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Colin
Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote