View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 06:54 PM   #1
Stang70Fastback
Newly Registered User

Stang70Fastback is on a distinguished road
Union query works but will not filter report.

Just as the title suggests, I've got a problem. I have a report with the record source based off of "SOURCEDATA."

Then I've got a union query that merges two other queries, which themselves are based off of the "SOURCEDATA" query. So everything is based off of the same source.

The report, when I pull it up without any filters works fine and shows ALL the data. The union query, when I open it on its own, also works fine and shows exactly what I want it to show. However, when I apply it to the Report, nothing changes. I still see ALL of the data. Interestingly, the intermediate queries that the union compares can be applied to the report and that works and shows just what I would expect.

Is there something special about union queries that they can not be used to filter report data? I don't get any errors, but I just don't get any effect of applying it to the report.

If I try to make the report's record source the union query itself, Access seems to get stuck in some sort of loop that slows everything down significantly and I have to [slowly] set the record source back to something else to get it to stop locking up. Is this any sort of hint as to what my issue is?

Last edited by Stang70Fastback; 02-16-2013 at 07:00 PM.
Stang70Fastback is offline   Reply With Quote