Question Another question regarding importing data from Excel (1 Viewer)

DC27

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:06
I have a relatively simple spreadsheet that i am trying to import into a table (Office 2007). The data is copied from one tool (Primavera P6 - Proj. Mgmnt. Application) into excel - all good - top row contains field names.

The data i am copying across is number of hours per month against different pieces of work - much like a crosstab.

The problem i am having is with the months that don't have any hours in. Access is unable to correctly name the field, it provides me with the format dd-mmmm-yyyy 00:00:00.

If the field has data in, i get dd-mmm-yy, which is correct.

Question is twofold:

1) - any idea why this is happening?

2) - More importantly, any way of getting Access to pull the column headings through correctly.

The spreadsheet itself cannot be modified hugely as i need to allow for all eventualities, ie someone might well accidentally forecast hours in the past, indeed this is one of the reasons i'm attempting to build this little database in the first place; to check for errors.

Thanks for any help you can offer - i get the feeling this is probably a simple one.

ash1123

MIH ...Make It Happen
Local time
Today, 14:06
Dear DC27,
It will be much help if you upload the spreadsheet sample. and the expected data manually putted into a single row. Let me try though:
1) did you tried by fixed format of like dd/mm/yy, cause it might happen that when you are exporting your data, excel sheet is taking the cell format to "date-time", which may creating you the prob.
2) i'm confused cause usually "import excel file", access always ask you about your first row.
Hope i am not confused !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom