Importing specific cells from Excell (1 Viewer)

Eavie

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:52
Hi all,
I'm new to this so tell me if I'm asking too much :)
I have a table in Excel that lists the values I need vertically, I can only get my database to import them in a horizontal table.
Problem is I'm not allowed to change the Excel table around so my current method, although working, can't stay.
I have read through all options google has and I can't find something to suit my database.
I have a form that brings up a table to view the data and when you click an 'Import' button a list of Excel files comes up which I can use to import multiple tables.
The cell range in each Excel form is the same, C19:C28 but there are 3 cells in amongst there that need to stay blank so I don't import table names.
Originally when I tried this method it would import the data into my IMPORT_DATA table but not horizontaly, it imported it into one vertical column which isn't what I need.
I would appreciate any help on this matter or even if anyone knows if this can be done
Thanks,
Eavie

Vonnie

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:52
I would import the data to a temp table, then manipulate the data to the fields you wish and then append them to the final table

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom