Off topic question (1 Viewer)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:30
My new PC has XP professional and I just added service pack 1 for Internet Explorer so its version is now 6.0.2800.

My problem is that when I try to search the Microsoft Download site I get a response of "Sorry, we are unable to show you the page you have requested. Please try again later". I can select from the top downloads, featured downloads, and new downloads lists but the search refuses to return anything.

Does anybody out there using XP experience the same problem?

vbjohn

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:30
I am experiencing a lot of problems with XP lately. It even shuts off my computer while I am on the internet and then it re-boots me. There is alot of fixes for XP. They shouldn't have released it with getting ALL the bugs out of there.

For your question. No I haven't.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Have you actually used the search on this site?

DaniBoy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:30
I dont know what it could be. But my XP works great. I have heard of people having problems, maybe there is a batch of good disks and a batch of bad ones!! Mine works great, but my dads gives him problems!! Weird!!

DaniBoy

R

Rich

I think you can breathe again Pat, there appears to be a problem with the site, my keyword searches refused to return anything either:mad:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
It's very strange. I have no trouble at all if I access the site from my old computer running Win95 and IE5. I contacted Gateway help via their interactive chat earlier today and the tech, resent the page to my PC. It worked and so I thought the problem had disappeared. However, when I closed the chat session, the site stopped working again. But I feel better since Rich has the problem also. Feels like an IE6 issue.

pungentSapling

NeedHotSauce?
Local time
I was having trouble getting the updates for windows ME yesterday using the automated update dealy

p.

Agism

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:30
I have been wondering about the updates.

Are they something I should be paying attention to? I usually just close the update message without doing the update. Is that a bad idea?

Help someone who is faily clueless about this understand what it is all about.

R

Rich

I believe that the update for winxp now amounts to 180mb, and is therefore available on CD

Rich_Lovina

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:30
I hold to the view of many Defence programmer friends....stay with the older versions for 3-4 years, and hence I'm happy with my Win 98. By about 2004 I'll look at XP!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom