Hello (1 Viewer)

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 11:52
The name is Josh, I go by JD most of the time nowadays because too many people have my name. I get tired of going out and hearing my name constantly. I first got into Access through my previous employer. I was designing macros in vb to make my job easier and due to my supervisor showing my work off, I was offered an MIS type position. My first task was to update an Access database. I had never even seen Access before, so it was an interesting experience. Everything I first learned was from self learning and this site. I had to completely redesign the database due to the fact the creator locked his code, so it was a learning experience. Since then, I think I've come along quite a long way. I've gone from being mediocre in vb to pretty good in vb, vba, sql, Access, Reporting Services, etc...

I've also been an on again off again mod here due to business needs changing. :p

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
Today, 10:52
What happened to your avatar? Where did you get it from anyways. Interesting entry into Access.

Vassago

Local time
What happened to your avatar? Where did you get it from anyways. Interesting entry into Access.

It's was a piece by Yoshitaka Amano, done for The Sandman series. Any game player should know who Amano is though. :p

I removed it because I was going to update it, but never got around to it.

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
It's was a piece by Yoshitaka Amano, done for The Sandman series. Any game player should know who Amano is though. :p

I removed it because I was going to update it, but never got around to it.

Hmmm.... I don't know who Amano is....:eek:.... I will google him later.... Was he a video game designer? Like the graphics part?

Vassago

Local time
Hmmm.... I don't know who Amano is....:eek:.... I will google him later.... Was he a video game designer? Like the graphics part?

Yep, or at least from a character design standpoint. He did the Final Fantasy series. He's also the illustrated inventor of Vampire Hunter D, if you're into Anime.

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
Yep, or at least from a character design standpoint. He did the Final Fantasy series. He's also the illustrated inventor of Vampire Hunter D, if you're into Anime.

Don't know Vampire Hunter D, but final fantasy I do. I can definitely recognise the style of you Avatar in Final Fantasy.... cool! I can understand why I should know him.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 16:52
The name is Josh, I go by JD most of the time nowadays because too many people have my name. I get tired of going out and hearing my name constantly.

I don't follow that.

You changed your name because you got tired going out - what tires you out? Then when people spoke to you they used your name?

I can see that would be annoying.:rolleyes:

Col

Vassago

Local time
There were always others with my name everywhere I went. When someone would say "Josh", I would turn and look thinking it was for me, when it wasn't. Less people use my initials, J.D..

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 16:52
So did you have a long walk to the car that tired you out?

Col

tranchemontaigne

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:52
Did you ever participate in SysOpt/TechIMO? Your name looks familliar to me. I used to visit those forums a lot back in the late 90's and early 00's

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom