Abu Hamza - Fair Trial or Scapegoat (1 Viewer)

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Today, 19:04
As Promised, I have started a new topic for this week, one that people on both sides of the Pond should at least know something about.

Abu Hamza is the one handed, other hand is a Hook, Muslim Cleric, who was extradited by America from the UK to stand trial for Terrorism charges.

Abu had been living in the UK for many years, and was a ridiculed figure by our Journalism. He preached hatred of everything Western, and of the British / American way of life, but was happy to take British benefits and have the freedom of the UK democracy to support him, his wife and his many children.

He openly praised the 9/11 atrocities and hailed the perpetrators as Martyrs to Islam.

It was never openly proven in the UK that he had links with Terrorist cells both Home Grown and Abroad.

He has now been proven Guilty in an American Court of Terrorist charges.

Given his Jacquard past and hatred of the West, was he ever going to get anything other than a Guilty verdict...

What is your view?

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I did not attend the court and have not seen the evidence so cannot comment.

Brian

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
As Promised, I have started a new topic for this week, one that people on both sides of the Pond should at least know something about.

Abu Hamza is the one handed, other hand is a Hook, Muslim Cleric, who was extradited by America from the UK to stand trial for Terrorism charges.

Abu had been living in the UK for many years, and was a ridiculed figure by our Journalism. He preached hatred of everything Western, and of the British / American way of life, but was happy to take British benefits and have the freedom of the UK democracy to support him, his wife and his many children.

He openly praised the 9/11 atrocities and hailed the perpetrators as Martyrs to Islam.

It was never openly proven in the UK that he had links with Terrorist cells both Home Grown and Abroad.

He has now been proven Guilty in an American Court of Terrorist charges.

Given his Jacquard past and hatred of the West, was he ever going to get anything other than a Guilty verdict...

What is your view?

Do you mean - was it even handed?

Beetle

Duly Registered Boozer
Local time
Today, 13:04
Do you mean - was it even handed?

Now that's funny right there. Thanks for the laugh Anthony.

I guess the long arm of the law finally got him.

Libre

been around a little
Local time
Today, 12:04

What is your view?

When you have a system of randomly selected jurors, who are then questioned and vetted, and can be disqualified by either the defense or the prosecution, and the trial is in an open courtroom where every word is recorded, and you have the right of appeal, and everything that happens in the court is recorded and the decisions can be challenged at a later time, I think there's a good chance that anyone can get a fair trial. Note I don't say that it's an ironclad guarantee for a fair trial, and I don't say that it's impossible for a trial to be rigged.
But we are a far cry today from a lawyer named Atticus Finch defending a black man against a charge of raping a white woman in the deep south.

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
The majority of the evidence for the trial came from UK sources, so why did he not get tried in a UK court...

The barmy Human Rights laws from Brussels is why not, that's why he had to be sent to the US who do not have such restrictive hand ties, if they did there would be no Guantanamo Bay...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom