Undefined error on back-up copy (1 Viewer)

tritenick

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:07
I think this is a macro issue but not sure. I have a database on my local harddrive. I am the primary user. I save the database (copy) to the network drive once a month so my supervisor can view data and reports.

He is getting undefined referrence errors when opening forms that I don't get from my local copy nor if I open the network version from my computer. It does occur if I try to open the the forms from anyone elses computer. So instead of a copy I tried doing a back-up to the network but get the same errors.

Question is: How can I duplicate the database in entirety and all related files/macros/referrences? I don't have admin rights on my computer to change settings. Suggestions?

Thanks,

richsql

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:07
There could be anything lurking in your db that might be referencing paths that other users might not have access to... who wrote the macros?

An area I have come across that causes these type of problems are different letters mapped to the same drive paths, make sure all drive references use Universal Naming Convention (UNC) names i.e."\\server\share\path\file" for starters..

tritenick

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:07
Thanks for the reply. I mostly used the embedded macros in Access (for command buttons and such) and have some hodgepodge code that I put together.

I'm not sure where the drives would be referenced. How would I check that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom