Question "SendObject Isn't Available Now" with v2013 MS applications (1 Viewer)

netman82

Local time
Today, 10:12
Please make allowances that I am not a programmer, but a frustrated IT support technician trying to help my colleagues.

We have an Access database designed many years ago, probably in Access 2003. It is accessed by end users with Access Runtime. There is a facility in the database to email reports. This functionality worked fine until the introduction of either or both Office 2013 and Access Runtime 2013.

For a user with Outlook 2013 (cached mode) and Access Runtime 2013 (I've tried 2010 too), they have to close Outlook in order for the above email function to work, if they don't they receive the error: "SendObject Isn't Available Now". This was not a problem with Office 2010 (therefore Outlook 2010, also in cached mode) and Access Runtime 2010.

I have tried Outlook 2013 with Access Runtime 2010, but this does not work.

We use the click-to-run version of Office 2013.

I have tried suggestions relating to plugins in Outlook, repairing Office and Access runtime, repairing the .ost file in Outlook, running Outlook in Safe Mode, checking the win.ini file for missing [MAIL] code, ensuring Outlook is set as the default email client with all default settings etc.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 03:12
This might be a reference problem. I suggest looking at the references to see if you should be using something more up to date. The references can be see by click the Create Tab, then clicking Visual Basic in the Macros and Code section. Once in the visual basic side click on Tools and then References.

On my system for example which is Office 365 I see a reference like Microsoft Office 15 Access database engine Object. The number 15 is relevant here as that's the one for Office 2013. It would be 14 for Office 2010 I think. If you have references with lower numbers that may be the problem. There's probably somewhere on line where you can find out which references are right for your situation.

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 03:12
If you can and want, you could upload your database. I'd be willing to see if I can track down your problem. You could strip down the database. I only would need to see the part that is causing the error.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom