And Now For Something Completely Different - What Cartoons / Shows do we share? (1 Viewer)

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Today, 13:28
So how is "Loughborough" pronounced?

Did you look up the pronunciation for my second one? You are the ONLY non-local I have, in my entire life, EVER seen get that one right immediately.

(The first one is pronounce pyoo-AL-up. The 'al' is just like the name Al.)

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:28
So how is "Loughborough" pronounced?

Did you look up the pronunciation for my second one? You are the ONLY non-local I have, in my entire life, EVER seen get that one right immediately.

(The first one is pronounce pyoo-AL-up. The 'al' is just like the name Al.)

Luffbura

The joke is its pronounced LowBrow University.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 18:28
I can't remember now Bri, I posted about 100 odd different things but I remember Tess and Cindy going through them and commenting. It'll be on the watercooler forum about 8 years ago I did it. It was quite fun actually, the yanks loved it.

Col

When searching for something on here I realised that I had not commented on the above, yes one or other of the two ladies got quite upset as we "discussed" the lack of indoor plumbing up North so that in the end I had to post a picture of my bathroom to prove that we did indeed have it.

Brian

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 19:28
For people dealing with projects and software, apart from the the obligatory Dilbert stuff, I can highly recommend Geek & Poke http://geek-and-poke.com/ . Some of them are absolutely hilarious, some incomprehensible.

Last edited:

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Today, 11:28
Watched a couple of new series that set new standards.

Ash vs Evil Dead - Live Actors after 30 years - the star of the worst horror movies actually gets a staring role with great special effects. Low Brow, so funny, music from 1970's In 1990 he also stared in Army of Darkness where he tele-ported from an American hardware store to medieval England. For this first TV show series the credits indicated it was funded by New Zealand?

Rick and Morty - cartoon 2 seasons of 10 episodes each. The second season already got something like 800% more viewers. Absolutely funny, no holds are barred. Lots of physics, alternate universe, evil government empires, spiritual, ... OK, nothing is sacred. Saw the guy who does the voices. The modern day Mel Banc.

Moonbeam City - Cartoon Take every cop, detective, crime show, put it onto 30 tv sets like a Robot Chicken introduction, and go with out sleep for 10 days.
A Family Guy style except much higher brow... and lower at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom