Time to Leave What's App! (1 Viewer)

prabha_friend

Prabhakaran Karuppaih
Local time
Today, 22:10
Advertisements: The people in my country are very much used to it. We watch an 1 hour
TV programme with more than 30 minutes of adverts in between that.

Hoffman

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:40
:( bad times

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:40
Time for me to feel old again.

Only recently heard about What's App's existence, never used it and now people are saying it's time to get out. This is Twitter all over again. :(

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 17:40
Time for me to feel old again.

Only recently heard about What's App's existence, never used it and now people are saying it's time to get out. This is Twitter all over again. :(

I've never used What's App, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and any others that I've not heard of, and guess what , I'm still alive and communicating with family and friends.

stopher

AWF VIP
Local time
I've never used What's App, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and any others that I've not heard of, and guess what , I'm still alive and communicating with family and friends.
Great to hear from you Brian. Was getting worried that you weren't coming back.

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Nice to see you back here, Brian

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:40
Regarding Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media, I am not a member of any of them. My signature used to contain something similar to the phrase:

I refuse to be a member of social media ... but I would consider joining any anti-social media sites I could find.

Since I retired, I have mellowed out enough to change my signature. But not enough to change my mind about social media.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Thanks for the kind words guys, not sure how much I will contribute as my tech skills have declined and are dated, plus I seem to be busier than ever with the grand kids (ages 4 and 6) planning and leading local walks. and helping my new lady friend with her antiques, yes I do question if that includes me. :D

Brian

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 12:40
Antiques increase in value, right? :D

Good to see you back.

SimplySarah

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:40
Hmmm, it all depends on how they structure these ads. I couldn't possibly get rid of WhatsApp, since it is one of the main ways I keep in contact with people. But if the ads are intrusive, that would be very annoying. I assume it will be done similarly to what they are doing with Snapchat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom