New Years Resolutions (1 Viewer)

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 04:03
Anyone do these? Anyone have success stories? I'm hoping to do a lot of things for my health in the new year, including increased exercise and regular visits to doctors. I haven't always been very good at keeping up with these things. I also hope to do more planning for retirement early on so I can actually retire. I'll also look into buying a home.

Here's hoping for a good 2017!

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:03
I've never really done them, though I could use a kick in the hind-end to get in better shape. I can help you though. The best way to protect retirement funds is to put them where you can't get at them in a weak moment. Send me the money and I'll hang onto it for you. :p

Happy and prosperous new year!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:03
I made a resolution not to get stuck sat at my PC over Christmas.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Code:
'    _    _                           _   _                __     __             _ 
'   | |  | |                         | \ | |               \ \   / /            | |
'   | |__| | __ _ _ __  _ __  _   _  |  \| | _____      __  \ \_/ /__  __ _ _ __| |
'   |  __  |/ _` | '_ \| '_ \| | | | | . ` |/ _ \ \ /\ / /   \   / _ \/ _` | '__| |
'   | |  | | (_| | |_) | |_) | |_| | | |\  |  __/\ v  v /     | |  __/ (_| | |  |_|
'   |_|  |_|\__,_| .__/| .__/ \__, | |_| \_|\___| \_/\_/      |_|\___|\__,_|_|  (_)
'                | |   | |     __/ |                                               
'                |_|   |_|    |___/

SimplySarah

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:03
Happy New Year everyone!!!!!

I don't usually do any New Year's resolutions, but this year ended quite badly with a bad shoulder injury and spending the holidays on muscle relaxants and pain killers. So I guess it is just a sensible thing and not really a new years resolution to want to get more in shape. Not really go to the gym and workout per-se, more spending more time stretching and working the tension out of my muscles while also strengthening them. Siting all day at a desk in front of a computer is terrible on the muscular-skeletal system....so I guess this is part resolution and part self-preservation.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
I usually postpone any sincere resolutions until the Spring when Mother Nature is pushing me along a little more :p

Other than that, just losing the frightening amount of weight I always put on over the festive period.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 04:03
Happy New Year everyone!!!!!

I don't usually do any New Year's resolutions, but this year ended quite badly with a bad shoulder injury and spending the holidays on muscle relaxants and pain killers. So I guess it is just a sensible thing and not really a new years resolution to want to get more in shape. Not really go to the gym and workout per-se, more spending more time stretching and working the tension out of my muscles while also strengthening them. Siting all day at a desk in front of a computer is terrible on the muscular-skeletal system....so I guess this is part resolution and part self-preservation.

I think that is a much better way of putting it. :D

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:03
Self-preservation? I'm told that packing things in alcohol is a good way to preserve them. Do you think it works the other way, too? Like, ... packing alcohol in me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom