Question Copy Data from One Subform to another Subform. (1 Viewer)

Kaloyanides

Local time
Yesterday, 21:51
I'm sure this been asked/answered many times before but I can't seem to find the answer.

I have an order Entry Screen. The Invoice Number is not issued or finalized until the user clicks "Issue Invoice" after all of the items have been entered.

On the Order Entry Screen I have two subforms. One is for the actual order (items) and the other shows all of the items the customer has purchased in the past. It would be great if the user could click the button next to each previously ordered item and have that item auto populate into the order entry subform. Add the item and then setfocus to the items QTY field.

frmSalesOrdersSUBitems - Order
qrySalesInvoiceItems
frmSalesOrdersSUBTemplate - Previously Purchased Items
qryCustomerTemplates

If anyone can help, I'd be very grateful!

Thanks!

HiTechCoach

Local time
Yesterday, 20:51
I do the same and similar things now in my Accounting systems.

There as tow way=s I do it.

1) Use an append query. Great for copying records.

2) Use a recordset. Great for duplicating a record(s) and the related child records.

For your example, the way I do it is with a popup form. This displays the item along with any controls the user can change, like quantity. When the user clicks "Save" it runs the append query to add the record.

Kaloyanides

Local time
Yesterday, 21:51
Hi, I came across this post regarding copying records from one subform to another using a popup window (to enter qty) and an append query. Would you by any chance have an example of this? I'm so so with access/vba and this is something I've struggled with. Very little help online regarding this. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom