Custom Ribbons - Show/Hide groups (1 Viewer)

supersonic

Local time
Today, 10:20
Hi all

I have created a custom Ribbon and I understand that it is only possible to load one Ribbon at a time in Access; if I need to open a different Ribbon, Access needs to be restarted even if I use VBA.

I have to create an employee database and different people will have access to it and Access shall display groups based on the login provided. The Ribbon has the following three groups to start with:

grpHome
grpAdmin
grpEmployee

There is already a post about this topic at access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=246015 . However, I don't know where in the example provided by Ari I set the name of groups.

Is it possible to show/hide the groups with VBA by providing the name of the group?

Thank you for your assistance

SuperSonic

Attachments

• Employees.accdb
    448 KB · Views: 90

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 09:20
You have used the IDBE Ribbon Creator software to create your ribbon. On the IDBE website there are a large number of tutorials which may include an answer to your question

I recommend you rename your ribbon which you have named Home. There is a built in Access ribbon with that name.

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 01:20
It is possible to dynamically change ribbon without closing db. That's what the RibbonName property of form and report is for.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 17:20
i put 2 global var in basGlobal.
see the code in getVisible sub that uses these var.
when the rivbon is loaded i open the ligin form.
in actual yoi will use textbox for input in login and not combo.

Attachments

• Employees.zip
    61.9 KB · Views: 97

supersonic

Local time
Today, 10:20
Hi

I checked the IDBE Website and there is no information that would help me answer my question.

Also thanks for the modified Access document. Unfortunately, the Ribbons don't load and I can thus not check how/whether certain Tabs are shown or not.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 09:20
I'm not totally clear what you want to do but you can change the start-up conditions in several ways including
1. Use a login form and assign users with status level e.g standard / admin etc. Depending on status, different ribbons could be made visible or all ribbons hidden etc.
2. Use desktop shortcuts with command line switches e.g. /admin for selected users. Add code to autoexec macro or load event of startup form to check this and assign conditions as above

Hope that helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom