greater than without using ">" (1 Viewer)

aqeelh

Local time
Today, 13:44
hi guys, i have this Hard Question that i have to solve and submit it today

ti's about this database

i want to see all employees who have salary more than “Saleh’s salary”. with out USE “>21,450”
Because Salah's salary can change in the future

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• access11.png
    access11.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 77

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 20:44
Don't hard code values, then it does not matter what salary Salah has.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. Is this a homework assignment? Your topic title says without using ">," but I think you can't avoid that if you want to know greater than values. I think it's more like you don't want a fix value like 21,450, which means you should be able to use >[Salary].

Last edited:

aqeelh

Local time
yes it is assignment, and i don't konw how to do it.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. Since we are not familiar with the requirements of the assignment, it might be faster to get an answer if you asked one of your classmates. If you need help from us, we'll need to see what you've tried, so we can help you fix it. Can you tell us the stated goal for the homework? Thanks.

aqeelh

Local time
Hi. Since we are not familiar with the requirements of the assignment, it might be faster to get an answer if you asked one of your classmates. If you need help from us, we'll need to see what you've tried, so we can help you fix it. Can you tell us the stated goal for the homework? Thanks.

as i know there is no one solve it until now, the assignment is like A set of questions about how to create queries, i did a lot but i doesn't related to this question.

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
Can you create a query of everyone who has a salary equal to or less than the selected employee's salary?

Can you create a second query that includes all employees EXCEPT those in the first?

aqeelh

Local time
Can you create a query of everyone who has a salary equal to or less than the selected employee's salary?

Can you create a second query that includes all employees EXCEPT those in the first?

yes i can, hmmmm

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 20:44
Put the first query in the second query in the designer .

Mess around with joins and Is Null criteria.

If the world stops spinning you know you broke the interwebs.

George21

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:44
Will Saleh be a constant (meaning the criteria won't be changed in the future)? If so, create a query based on the table and in the emp_salary criteria write foll:

>DLookup("emp_salary","emp_table","emp_id = 8")

aqeelh

Local time
Will Saleh be a constant (meaning the criteria won't be changed in the future)? If so, create a query based on the table and in the emp_salary criteria write foll:

>DLookup("emp_salary","emp_table","emp_id = 8")

no the salary it might be changed

aqeelh

Local time
i think i have to work with Nested Queries but how i write criteria without writing employee's salary

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 15:44
no the salary it might be changed

No, he didn't ask that. He asked if Saleh was the constant in the equation, not Saleh's salary. My opinion is you totally botched the purpose of this assignment and focused on the '>' part when the real part the teacher wanted you to avoid was the '21450'.

George21 provided the correct solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom