How to remove Label stuck to Text box? (1 Viewer)

kirkm

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:19
Been nearly an hour googling for solution but nothing found. Using Access 2010. I think there should be a finger cursor.. but all I get is a 4 Pointed one.
Also tried Stacked-Remove Layout. Doesn't work. Lets me move them individually, but text box still deletes if I delete the label.

Voyager

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:49
Hi Kirkm,
Just click twice in the label border on the top left where you can find a small grey point and then delete it. You can now delete the label alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 21:19
not sure what the cursor issue is, but suspect it's not an Access one. If you can't select just the label with the mouse, try selecting it by choosing the label from the combo (list) of controls on the property sheet where it shows you the selected item. Once chosen, you should be able to delete just the label.

kirkm

Registered User.
Local time
Voyager, sorry that still removes both label and text box,

Micron, if I click the combo box name, the Form no longer responds to DEL on the keyboard. So I must click the label again, at which stage it deletes again along with the text box.
Do these methods actually work for you guys or are you guessing ? Or is it some variation in Access versions?

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 03:19
.. but all I get is a 4 Pointed one.
What happen if you right click an that stage, do you get a "drop down menu", or just click the "Delete" button?
If you still have problem, create a new database and a new form, place a text control on the form, can you delete that label?
Still problem, post an example database!

essaytee

Need a good one-liner.
Local time
Today, 11:19
Voyager, sorry that still removes both label and text box,

Micron, if I click the combo box name, the Form no longer responds to DEL on the keyboard. So I must click the label again, at which stage it deletes again along with the text box.
Do these methods actually work for you guys or are you guessing ? Or is it some variation in Access versions?

I get the same behaviour when selecting the Label control from the Property Window. The Label control does get the focus, but the delete key doesn't work. I have to click back into the form (top menu bar), then the Label control still has the focus and the delete key deletes the Label control but not the associated text box.

I can not replicate your issue. I'm using Office 365, not A2010.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 21:19
I'm not guessing. I can see 2 different types of "cross"; 1 when I hover over a movable window (such as the property sheet) and the other (smaller) when I click on a control. In the latter case, first it's just the usual arrow, and the cross doesn't appear until I click on the control and its border becomes highlighted. However, I don't worry about what the cursor looks like once the control is highlighted. Delete key removes the label only - even if it's attached to the control. BTW, I don't ever see a finger cursor unless it's a hyperlink or an item that will respond to a single click. No idea why you cannot select then just delete.
Selecting (thus it's highlighted) and right clicking presents a context menu with lots of choices - one of them being delete.

I made a small jpg for this post, but it's not very intuitive as to how to include it.
EDIT - OK, it magically appears as a link after I commit the post.

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 118

kirkm

Registered User.
Local time
Ah, I think I've got it! Deleting the label only works when the label is selected. LOL not that hard really (except it was, somewhow I wasn't selecting the label - even though I was moving it).
Thanks for helping... Cheers...

essaytee

Need a good one-liner.
Local time
Today, 11:19
Ah, I think I've got it! Deleting the label only works when the label is selected. LOL not that hard really (except it was, somewhow I wasn't selecting the label - even though I was moving it).
Thanks for helping... Cheers...

We've all been there, not to worry, it was worked out in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom