Selecting Form Fields for Report (1 Viewer)

screentone

Local time
Today, 08:33
Hello, I am making a database that has forms displaying records with an email field.

I am having trouble figuring out how to have a button that will allow me to add the email addresses of the current record to a text box in a report (with a comma between them preferably) that I could print or copy/paste.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:33
Hi. Welcome to the forum. I'll try to give you a copy/paste approach for now, since I am not sure I understand the report connection at this time. So, you could try to put an unbound textbox on the header of your form. Then, you could try to populate it with the email address and just copy and paste the result whenever you need it. To do so, you could try using the following code in the Click event of your button.
Code:
Me.TextboxName = Me.TextboxName & "," & Me.EmailAddressField
Hope it helps...

screentone

Local time
Today, 08:33
Hi. Welcome to the forum. I'll try to give you a copy/paste approach for now, since I am not sure I understand the report connection at this time. So, you could try to put an unbound textbox on the header of your form. Then, you could try to populate it with the email address and just copy and paste the result whenever you need it. To do so, you could try using the following code in the Click event of your button.
Code:
Me.TextboxName = Me.TextboxName & "," & Me.EmailAddressField
Hope it helps...

More about my initial thoughts to use a report: I have two different forms that display records from two different tables. I thought I might be able to add emails from both tables to a single text box. The emails would be added to a running list that can be added to and cleared by the user, but wouldn't be kept between sessions.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:33
More about my initial thoughts to use a report: I have two different forms that display records from two different tables. I thought I might be able to add emails from both tables to a single text box. The emails would be added to a running list that can be added to and cleared by the user, but wouldn't be kept between sessions.

Well, there several places where you can store values to keep them independent of other objects. You can use a separate standalone form, a global variable, a TempVars variable, or a temp table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom