State of the art of access sync over the web (1 Viewer)

vsp

Local time
Today, 14:31
Hey!

I'm a software developer currently looking for a new project. Lately, I've been very interested in access and hence I've been reading a bit of your forum and now decided to join.

Reading, I got the impression that, in general, you guys don't seem happy with the current state of access synchronization over the web but, before trying to solve whatever problem there is, I'd like some confirmation that I am indeed correct.

So, are you happy with the current state of data synchronization, over the web, in access? Are you currently using sharepoint or something else? Is there any particular pain point in the tool you're using? Maybe the setup is too complicated or it's just hard to use.

I'd love to know your guy's opinions. Thanks for your time!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:31
Hi. Welcome to AWF! I don't do much Access to web stuff but I think if you're using the right tool(s), then there shouldn't be too much problem with it.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:31
you guys don't seem happy with the current state of access synchronization over the web
done right, given access is a client based application, it's not a problem. Generally those who aren't happy aren't doing it right and/or want it for free.

Are you currently using sharepoint or something else?
terminal server/citrix for a fully client based app (FE and BE on the same server net), SQL Azure and similar offerings for a web based BE, client based FE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom