Empty space when .visible = False (1 Viewer)

Lkwdmntr

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:58
Hello Guys,

I ran into a little snag. I have a subreport that will move to the second page along with labels for the columns. I have the page break and the labels appear when the record count is over a certain amount and then hide the labels and the break if the count is under the amount. Everything works fine when the record count is over, but my problem is when the count is under the amount, the labels hide but leave a blank space where they were.

Is there any way that I can get rid of the dead space when the labels are hiding?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. The only thing I could think of is maybe set the label height to a minimum and then adjust the height as you make them visible. So, when they're hidden, they don't occupy too much space.

Lkwdmntr

Registered User.
Local time
Sounds like a great idea, I tried it and I still have the space. Any other suggestions? Could I move the subreport up somehow?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Sounds like a great idea, I tried it and I still have the space. Any other suggestions? Could I move the subreport up somehow?
Hi. You'll never be able to get rid of the space, I don't think, because the object is still there, just hidden. Have you tried using 0" height?

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
Do you have the labels in the header of the subreport? If so, you should be able to set the headers height to 0 so they won't print.

Lkwdmntr

Registered User.
Local time
No, but you did give me an idea. I can add the labels I'm using as a heading into the subreport header. Then Make that appear or disappear according to the count. I'll try it and let you know if it worked.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
No, but you did give me an idea. I can add the labels I'm using as a heading into the subreport header. Then Make that appear or disappear according to the count. I'll try it and let you know if it worked.
Hi. Sounds like a good plan. Good luck!

Lkwdmntr

Registered User.
Local time
Worked like a charm, thanks for the inspiration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom