help with selecting one number for multi (1 Viewer)

murray83

Games Collector
Local time
Today, 20:00
Afternoon All from sunny UK

please first find attached my example DB, and now my request for a little help

pictures number1, number2 & number3 should in an ideal world should just be number1 but the reason i believe im getting extra sheets is due to them having there own SMS Number, that's the number at the top which starts DA then followed by 6 numbers

my question is, how ( the hell ) do i have it set the same SMS Number based on PO so that rather then 4 sheets i only have 2

all help much appreciated

Attachments

• number3.jpg
    number3.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 106
  • number2.jpg
    number2.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 99
  • number1.jpg
    number1.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 102
  • example for upload.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 119

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I'll put my hand up and own up. I have no clue as to what you are asking.?:confused:

Possibly why all those views and no response?

You have 3 records for that PO number and each has it's own SMS number.

So where does 4 sheets (I presume pages) come from.?

Just what are you trying to achieve.?

Also it would help if you would tell people how to get to what you are showing rather than having them dig around trying to work out the logic/process.?

If you want people to help you, you have to help them.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:00
see this one. the resize text to textbox is only
available in Print Preview of the report.

Attachments

• example for upload.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 103

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:00
When records are "doubled", look to the query and determine if the join is correct. If there are only two tables in the join then both table1 and table2 have 2 records with the same value in the join field. You can check this easily enough by searching each table for the key value. If the join has more than two tables, you probably have two independent relationships. For example. You have a student table, a class table and a pets table. All three tables include StudentID so it may seem that you should be able to include the three tables in the same query. You can't because class and pets may be related to the same student but they are not related to each other. You'll end up with:
Sam, Math, Spot
Sam, Math, Blinky
Sam, Writing, Spot
Sam, Writing, Blinky

murray83

Games Collector
Local time
I'll put my hand up and own up. I have no clue as to what you are asking.?:confused:

Possibly why all those views and no response?

You have 3 records for that PO number and each has it's own SMS number.

So where does 4 sheets (I presume pages) come from.?

Just what are you trying to achieve.?

Also it would help if you would tell people how to get to what you are showing rather than having them dig around trying to work out the logic/process.?

If you want people to help you, you have to help them.

I thought i had put down the detail's, apologies

OK so when you click on print daily sms and input the intake date, which in my example data is 11/09/19 it produces the sms sheet which lists the skus and details

what is happening though the sms number which is a system generated number is, as it should making more then one as its auto number, but the issue i have is

each sheet/paper/page has an sms number, assigned also is po and sku(s) but when i have a po which has 3 skus on and then it genereates 3 sheets that is wrong

should make 1 sheet for that po, so my problem is how do i

1. only select one sheet if when this happens

or

2. the better option how do i fix it so that the autonumber looks at the po and if the one above matches assigns same number and then just prints the one sheet with the 2 skus on

hope this helps

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Please reread #4 and post your query and some sample data that produces the "duplicates".

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Pat,

There is no join, the report is based on a table siimilar to a spreadsheet format.
The sub report is based on the same table linked by a field from the table.

So a PO number exists 3 times each with a different SMS number.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I guess I don't understand the problem. If there are three values for the field, what would you do with 2 and 3? It looks like the sms should be on the subreport to the right rather than on the main report.

I also don't see the reason for the delete and append queries. The report should be based on a query that takes the date argument. Once you break that apart, if you agree that moving the SMS to the subreport makes sense. Use a group by query for the main report that does NOT select anything except the first 5 fields. The last 4 fields go on the subreport.

Personally, I hate the popup form because the report opens behind it and I can't see the report. In order to not have the report prompt multiple times for the parameter, add a field to the form and instead of having a prompt in the query, either open the report using a where argument or change the report's Recordsource query to reference the form to get the date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom