Go Back   Access World Forums > Access World > The Watercooler

Old 10-10-2019, 04:35 PM   #46
The_Doc_Man
Happy Retired Curmudgeon

Thanked 1,725 Times in 1,596 Posts
The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold
Re: Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex

Better be careful admitting that. The next thing you know, your side of the pond will ALSO be target of calls for reparations for the slave trade.

The_Doc_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 12:12 PM   #47
Vassago
Administrator

Vassago has a spectacular aura about Vassago has a spectacular aura about Vassago has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Doc_Man View Post
Better be careful admitting that. The next thing you know, your side of the pond will ALSO be target of calls for reparations for the slave trade.
They already have in the past.
Old 10-11-2019, 01:47 PM   #48
Frothingslosh
Premier Pale Stale Ale

Frothingslosh will become famous soon enough Frothingslosh will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinEssex View Post
WHAT?????

I really had to read that twice. I've never seen anyone post something like that. I've been banned about 4 times, I've been told I am............well, let's just say the posters were angry and used language I wouldn't use. I'm sure I upset more people than like me - I upset you, AB, Doc, Frothy etc etc. Yet you say a comment like that. . . . .
Nope, I don't like you. I've known for a while, now, however, that your anti-Americanism is 90% trolling, but I have zero tolerance for racism (including calling Markle 'half-caste', even if you don't mean anything by it). Blame it on being brought up in a severely racist family. And to be quite frank, the very idea that you would actually plan to kill yourself and didn't give a rat's ass about the effect it would have on your wife (and you said that several times) absolutely infuriated me. That wasn't because it was you, though; it would have pissed me off no matter who said that.

That said, I actually am happy your situation with your wife and her illness is improving and that your mental state seems to be improving apace. I may not ever come to like you - although stranger things have happened (twenty years ago I was a Republican, for crying out loud) - but I'm perfectly content to sit back and see what changes.

Not that my opinion of you really matters in the grand scheme of things.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Frothingslosh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Frothingslosh For This Useful Post:
AccessBlaster (10-11-2019)
Old 10-12-2019, 12:15 PM   #49
ColinEssex
Old registered user

ColinEssex will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frothingslosh View Post
Nope, I don't like you. I've known for a while, now, however, that your anti-Americanism is 90% trolling, but I have zero tolerance for racism (including calling Markle 'half-caste', even if you don't mean anything by it). Blame it on being brought up in a severely racist family. And to be quite frank, the very idea that you would actually plan to kill yourself and didn't give a rat's ass about the effect it would have on your wife (and you said that several times) absolutely infuriated me. That wasn't because it was you, though; it would have pissed me off no matter who said that.

That said, I actually am happy your situation with your wife and her illness is improving and that your mental state seems to be improving apace. I may not ever come to like you - although stranger things have happened (twenty years ago I was a Republican, for crying out loud) - but I'm perfectly content to sit back and see what changes.

Not that my opinion of you really matters in the grand scheme of things.
You really need to learn to say what you mean and not beat about the bush.

You also know nothing about me, I was not brought up in a severely racist family. Also, yes I was going to end my life so that Mary would be cared for by professional carers. I discussed the whole plan with her and she totally understood the reasoning. If you didn't like it then tough titties mate.

Oh, and I don't like you either.

Col
Old 10-12-2019, 04:40 PM   #50
NauticalGent
Pristine Curmudgeon
Gold Supporter

NauticalGent has a spectacular aura about NauticalGent has a spectacular aura about NauticalGent has a spectacular aura about

Man-O-man, we is having a good time now!

Tony, I know we hijacked your thread, but I would be lying if I said I was sorry...!
“It follows then as certain that night succeeds the day, that without normalization, we can do nothing definitive, and with it, everything honorable and glorious.” - with apologies to George Washington
NauticalGent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 11:51 PM   #51
Uncle Gizmo
Nifty Access Guy

Uncle Gizmo is a jewel in the rough Uncle Gizmo is a jewel in the rough Uncle Gizmo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via Skype™ to Uncle Gizmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NauticalGent View Post
Man-O-man, we is having a good time now!

Tony, I know we hijacked your thread, but I would be lying if I said I was sorry...!
John, I think you hit the nail on the head with your comments about this forum. And as for Colin, whatever you think of him, he is at least "genuine" and consistent.

I also suspect that Colin is mellowing with age, I can see that in a year or two he will be welcoming new members to the forum, well maybe not American members!

Sent from Newbury UK
-------------oOo---U---oOo-------------
|                                     |
|      Uncle Gizmo              |
| Get $20 worth of "Nifty Code"       |
|      
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| | Ooo | |_________________ooO____( )________| ( ) ) / \ ( (_/ \_)

Last edited by Uncle Gizmo; 10-13-2019 at 05:40 AM.
Uncle Gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 01:46 PM   #52
ColinEssex
Old registered user

I see on today's TV news that the Yankee Z rated actress gold-digger is moaning on about how the British press is hounding her.
Get a grip girl, the British press will destroy you, then you can make another mint with the kiss-and-tell books you can write after the divorce.

She moans on, yet allows a TV documentary to film their every move, what the hell do you want? A quiet life? Don't marry into The Royal Family, you can't marry a senior Royal and expect a quiet luxury life, get used to it, that's the way it is in the UK.
The press will treat her worse than they did Diana, purely because a) she's American b) she's a half caste and c) she's a z rated has been actress.

Still, one good thing for her, she'll never need to work again with the piles of money she will make from her divorce, TV and book rights etc etc

Col

Old 10-21-2019, 07:45 PM   #53
The_Doc_Man
Happy Retired Curmudgeon

The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold

I get that the press doesn't like her because she's American. I must admit I don't know this from history, but was Wallis Simpson treated badly in the UK press? Do you know?

As to the half-caste comment, it wasn't her choice and anyone who blames her for it is lower-than-low-class. We don't get to choose our parents and should not be chastised for a choice we didn't make. To do so is offensive.

As to the "z-rated actress" - I don't think that's entirely the case. Award winning? No. But she was regularly employed, which means she had SOME acting chops. Maybe b-rated? (But then, in the UK press, she is often berated...)

Personally, I think a lot of paparazzi need to lose their press credentials - and their jobs. A lot of them are scum-sucking dogs who would just as soon breach someone's privacy in order to dig up some lurid details of people who are just being people. Say what you want, but I don't think Diana would have died if she hadn't been chased by a fleet of paparazzi sharks frothing at the mouth for the next juicy picture or scandalous story.
Old 10-21-2019, 09:07 PM   #54
AccessBlaster

AccessBlaster has a spectacular aura about AccessBlaster has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinEssex View Post
I see on today's TV news that the Yankee Z rated actress gold-digger is moaning on about how the British press is hounding her.
Get a grip girl, the British press will destroy you, then you can make another mint with the kiss-and-tell books you can write after the divorce.

She moans on, yet allows a TV documentary to film their every move, what the hell do you want? A quiet life? Don't marry into The Royal Family, you can't marry a senior Royal and expect a quiet luxury life, get used to it, that's the way it is in the UK.
The press will treat her worse than they did Diana, purely because a) she's American b) she's a half caste and c) she's a z rated has been actress.

Still, one good thing for her, she'll never need to work again with the piles of money she will make from her divorce, TV and book rights etc etc

Col
Are you saying "a half-caste" outsmarted all the senior Royals? She must be really really smart, or ……….
AccessBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AccessBlaster For This Useful Post:
NauticalGent (10-22-2019)
Old 10-22-2019, 02:24 AM   #55
NauticalGent
Pristine Curmudgeon
Gold Supporter

NauticalGent has a spectacular aura about NauticalGent has a spectacular aura about NauticalGent has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccessBlaster View Post
Are you saying "a half-caste" outsmarted all the senior Royals? She must be really really smart, or ……….
Quite right, let’s say Col is accurate for the sake of argument. Wouldn’t the real story be WHY Prince Harry went “slumming” in the first place? If “Royal” blood was all that, shouldn’t it have prevented him from allowing the gene pool to get contaminated?
“It follows then as certain that night succeeds the day, that without normalization, we can do nothing definitive, and with it, everything honorable and glorious.” - with apologies to George Washington

Last edited by NauticalGent; 10-22-2019 at 03:00 AM.
NauticalGent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 06:35 AM   #56
The_Doc_Man
Happy Retired Curmudgeon

Getting the royal gene pool to be contaminated????

Have you guys SEEN the family trees of Europe including all of those "arranged" marriages of state? A banyan vine looks straight compared to THAT tangle! So many dashed, dotted, and zig-zag lines that it looks it was drawn by Picasso when he was drunk. (Not that anyone could tell the difference...)
Old 10-22-2019, 11:14 AM   #57
AccessBlaster

AccessBlaster has a spectacular aura about AccessBlaster has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Doc_Man View Post
Getting the royal gene pool to be contaminated????
Part of me is hoping he'll continue this diatribe, I could spend literally a week on this.
Old 11-17-2019, 01:57 PM   #58
ColinEssex
Old registered user

I see now that the Yankee half caste gold digger has had to take a break from "Royal" duties, and to add insult to the Queen, she and Harry are not spending Christmas at Balmoral.
Mind you she's had it tough, busy suing the British papers to add any compensation money to her nest egg, and worst of all, being a yank she only eats with a fork, so the masses of cutlery at the table is proving too much for the poor dear to comprehend.

Col
Old 11-17-2019, 03:12 PM   #59
AccessBlaster

Wouldn't be great if the illegitimate bastard Prince and his half caste wife moved to California? We could charge good money to stare at them.
Old 11-17-2019, 08:48 PM   #60
The_Doc_Man
Happy Retired Curmudgeon

And sell maps to the tourists so they could drive by the estate of royalty!

For our UK friends, the "Map to Hollywood Star Homes" is a real thing! Not just a joke in movies. My aunt bought one and brought it home to show us after a vacation to LA LA Land.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: