Hyperlink in Individual Form, Number in Combined Form (1 Viewer)

victoriarai77

Local time
Yesterday, 16:36
Hello, I want to preface with the fact that we are pretty novice when it comes to using Access. The help we've received in the past was extremely kind and helpful, so I'm positive that this community will be patient and knowledgeable. So I work in an R&D lab and we are attempting to use Access to create a form in which those from other departments can request different types of testing, while also being connected with our internal drive. Meaning, we wish to utilize hyperlinks within the database to connect to folders in the internal drive. So our problem is this: When we created the individual form for Lot Number, we have successfully created a hyperlink using the associated Data Type. The idea is to have lot number such as "MR-1800" hyperlinked so that it will lead right to that associated folder in the internal drive. However, when the Lot Number form is added to the LabForm1, this Data type field has changed to Number, and displays instead an un-hyperlinked folder address. We are unable to change the Data type when in this form, as we are getting a "relationship" error. How can we resolve this and get the Lot Number Data type to be Hyperlink on LabForm1?
Any insight on this would be tremendously appreciated. I have attached a JPEG image that shows exactly what we are seeing, as well as the saved Access file itself.
Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you lovely Access experts.

Attachments

• Current Database.accdb
    784 KB · Views: 111
  • Slide1.jpg
    Slide1.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 101

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi Victoria. You won't see the hyperlink in the LabForm1 table because the hyperlink data is in the Lot table. I recommend you create a query to join the two tables together. For example, here's a design view:

And here's what it looks like when executed/viewed as a datasheet:

Attachments

• query_design.PNG
    query_design.PNG
    15.9 KB · Views: 171
  • query_data.PNG
    query_data.PNG
    5.2 KB · Views: 176

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 00:36
Firstly they are not forms, they are just table views.
In your lot table, lot is defined as a hyperlink, in you other table it is not.?

You have Lot as a combo in LabForm1, which I have never seen before. Didi not even know it could be done.

Little above my pay grade,sorry.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Firstly they are not forms, they are just table views.
In your lot table, lot is defined as a hyperlink, in you other table it is not.?

You have Lot as a combo in LabForm1, which I have never seen before. Didi not even know it could be done.

Little above my pay grade,sorry.
Ah, I didn't even see she's using a Lookup Field. Good eye!

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 00:36
Ah, I didn't even see she's using a Lookup Field. Good eye!

Damn,:eek:
That is what you get for having a bad memory. I have actually done the same thing when I first started Access, before I learnt about Lookups at table level not being a good idea?.

So I did know it could be done.:eek::D

victoriarai77

Local time
As for the query suggested by theDBguy. I was able to replicate what you showed me, but how do I get that relationship? I have those boxes but no arrow (I'm really a novice) How does that enable me to have a hyperlink in the LabForm1 table?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
As for the query suggested by theDBguy. I was able to replicate what you showed me, but how do I get that relationship? I have those boxes but no arrow (I'm really a novice) How does that enable me to have a hyperlink in the LabForm1 table?
Not in the table. It will have to be in a query or form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom