Text Box boarder color (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 11:36
Is it possible to dynamically change the boarder color of a text box when it has data?

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
AFAIK, only with vba. Conditional Formatting can do fore and background colour, enable/disable and font formatting.
EDIT - and that can depend on what type of form the control(s) is/are on. Surely though you are not wanting a visual clue that a control has data?

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
AFAIK, only with vba. Conditional Formatting can do fore and background colour, enable/disable and font formatting.
EDIT - and that can depend on what type of form the control(s) is/are on. Surely though you are not wanting a visual clue that a control has data?

Yes SURELY :)
I thought if I could change the color of the text box border to a brighter color in a form when it has data it would draw the eye of the reader to that line while the text box with no data would be a dull color.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
You didn't inform what type of form it is. This cannot work for a data sheet, and IIRC cannot work in a continuous form either. CF can work in a continuous form but as I mentioned, not border colour. Before you trot off implementing code at the linked post (wow, some of it is verbose IMHO) you should consider the form type involved.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:36
Yes SURELY :)
I thought if I could change the color of the text box border to a brighter color in a form when it has data it would draw the eye of the reader to that line while the text box with no data would be a dull color.
Hi. Just in case it helps, take a look at this article. Good luck!

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Full circle. Setting the background colour was mentioned in post 2...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom